Site Sponsors

Thread: I'm a coward, so ...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a coward, so ...

I have a CV Heliar 50/2 that I want to put on my NEX5, but I know if I do, I'll want to collapse it. The question is, can I safely collapse it, or will I screw something up if I do?

Bill

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: I'm a coward, so ...

Quote Originally Posted by fordfanjpn View Post
    I have a CV Heliar 50/2 that I want to put on my NEX5, but I know if I do, I'll want to collapse it. The question is, can I safely collapse it, or will I screw something up if I do?

Bill

Hi Bill, As you well know, it would depend on the adapter.

If it is like the Japanese RayQual m4/3rds to Leica M it would stop the (total) collapse.

Or else, you could always cut a piece of a bicycle tube rubber and prevent the Heliar from collapsing.

Post Thanks / Like

I learned the rubber band trick from cindy f. The summitar 5cm will hit the body if collapsed completely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Hi Bill, As you well know, it would depend on the adapter.

If it is like the Japanese RayQual m4/3rds to Leica M it would stop the (total) collapse.

Or else, you could always cut a piece of a bicycle tube rubber and prevent the Heliar from collapsing.
    I have a cheap Chinese adapter. I put the lens on the adapter and collapsed it and it doesn't seem to extend past the rear side of the adpater, so it wouldn't extend into the body at all, but I'm still afraid to try it on the camera. I tried to get a friend to try it on his NEX5 first, but he wouldn't do it. Maybe the rubber band idea is the safest way to go.

Thanks.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fordfanjpn View Post
    I have a cheap Chinese adapter. I put the lens on the adapter and collapsed it and it doesn't seem to extend past the rear side of the adpater, so it wouldn't extend into the body at all, but I'm still afraid to try it on the camera. I tried to get a friend to try it on his NEX5 first, but he wouldn't do it. Maybe the rubber band idea is the safest way to go.

Thanks.

Bill
    Or a large "O" ring you can find in the pluming section of a hardware store. Bring the lens with you so you get one with a snug fit, they can stretch a little, so find one a bit smaller (a few mm's)
    Last edited by M5-Guy; 9th October 2010 at 15:32.