The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX-5 ISO 3200

docmaas

This is an iso 3200 shot with exposure upped by 1.4 in Lightroom 3.2. No other pp. Pretty impressive performance by this little camera. Shot at f8 with CYZ 35-70 f3.4.

Has anyone used the Contax g 35-70 zoom?

I'll be doing a shoot out between this lens and the leica f4 35-70 to decide which one to keep. The ergonomics on the leica are much better but I haven't really shot both lenses on similar targets to see how they differ yet.

Mike

V

Vivek

Mike, It looks great.:thumbup: Since you mentioned the "e" word, it just reminds me of the ongoing frustrations with the NEX.

kitsVA

Mike, It looks great.:thumbup: Since you mentioned the "e" word, it just reminds me of the ongoing frustrations with the NEX.
Vivek, I read lot of posts on things you dislike in NEX. I am just curious to know what is there in NEX that is still making you own it:D? I am guessing it's probably to try out legacy lens or it's an hobby to own camera's.

V

Vivek

KitsVA, Do you own any? If you do, do you make use of it?

As you could see from my posts here, the general idea is that I use what I own. ;)

The NEX is an excellent digital back. I would like to see a more useful camera with the NEX mount.

kitsVA

KitsVA, Do you own any? If you do, do you make use of it?

As you could see from my posts here, the general idea is that I use what I own. ;)

The NEX is an excellent digital back. I would like to see a more useful camera with the NEX mount.
I know what you mean by using what you own ;-). I always try to view all the pictures you have on your flickr. Fortunately, I use my cameras' a lot and need to learn to share like you do. I just don't find my pictures will help all the pros out here :).

I am more into taking family/friends pictures so can't share on forums. Lately, I got a new hobby of taking pictures about places I visit as I am hoping they will help travelers know more about it. Nothing great about those pictures but you can see them at my Flickr. Let me know I have any worth sharing here :eek:.

I currently own NEX-5 and A-55. Plan is to settle with one eventually but I not able to decide which one. When it comes to taking pictures both to me are equally good 'enough'. My main frustration with NEX is I like to own AF primes (E-mount) and there are nothing right now that suits me and it really doesn't make sense to get the 18-200mm to me as the whole purpose of compactness is lost. Because of this NEX has become more as a hobby camera which I am shooting with legacy lens. Already own Nokton 50mm 1.1, Zeiss ZM Biogon 35mm f2, and 3 Contax G primes(28mm, 45mm, & 90mm). Crazy haa? A55, I am using right now for all family friends trips and have CZ1680, Minolta 85mm 1.4, few Tamron's and Minolta's :).

V

Vivek

KitsVA,

Some lovely places you get to visit!

I am not much into landscapes and such. You may want to look here:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20444

Guy and Jack are real experts. Going by the way they behave here, they also do not look to be boring. ;)

Just a thought for you to consider.:)

BTW, post some shots here (this forum) and don't be shy.