The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

16-80 cz bad corners in wide range!?

Paratom

My16-80 cz has very bad corner IQ in the wide range, The a55 kit zoom is considerably better. Can anyone share this experiece or do I have a lemon?
Thanks for any feedback. Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

I know it is slower than the 16-80 but has anyone tried the DT 16-105? One nice thing about that lens is it is internal focusing. I may do some research on it.

jonoslack

I know it is slower than the 16-80 but has anyone tried the DT 16-105? One nice thing about that lens is it is internal focusing. I may do some research on it.
I'm tempted as well - it would be nice to do a comparison (but an expensive luxury!)

jonoslack

HI There
Well, I did some hedge testing with my 16-80.
Certainly, wide open it needs to be stopped down to f5.6 (or better still f8), but I've certainly seen much worse wide - mid zooms in my time (MUCH WORSE).
My current feeling is that this lens is as good as one would expect wide open, and rather better as you increase the focal length.

Of course, we all want miracles, but small 5x zooms will not present you with the same image quality as big 3x zooms (or, more to the point, equivalent primes).

Of course Tom - you may have a bad copy. At any rate, I'm sticking to mine, I'd like it to be better, but I also like the focal length range!

all the best

Paratom

Jono,
I will try to post some comparison images with the 18-55 kit lens if I find the time the next days.
I do have the feeling that my sample mightbe worse than yours from wat you write.