The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone else have the sony 18-200?

docmaas

If so what do you think of it.

I've taken some pics of things I have for sale and done some mtf testing. It's a good ways behind the CYZ 35-70 which is in turn a bit behind the CYZ 28-85 surprisingly to me.

I have yet to take it out in the wild though as I got a bug late last week and haven't been out and about the last few days.

Mike

Terry

I have it. definitely had CA even stopped down. Was easy to remove in Lightroom (no lens profile yet). No complete feeling about it yet. Pretty large on NEX.

roweraay

I tried it out in the shop. It felt totally unbalanced on the NEX3/5 and I am guessing this is a lens reserved for a future larger NEX body (and/or the NEX camcorder). The lens also does not work with the tiny NEX flash and will need a flash extender.

A tiny monster on the Nex, so portable for what it is. Does a nice job when "one size fits all" is needed for quick visits to interesting places. I often carry it when walking a mile and a half to work and delight at what it can do. It is my only stabilized zoom for this camera.