The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A55 - GPS

Terry

I loaded up some A55 shots in iPhoto 11 and when I go into places they don't automatically pop up on a map. iPhoto is asking for a location. So instead I went to LR and looked at the EXIF and IPTC data and I don't see any GPS data.

Can someone else who has an A55 let me know how to get the GPS data to show. Want to make sure mine is working correctly and diagnose the user error in being able to use the camera. (GPS appears to be on in the setup menu).

Edit: Guy just sent me a file from his camera and I immediately got this in places:
View attachment 37220

So, I either have a bad menu setting on the camera or faulty GPS. My files load into iPhoto and in places I get this:

View attachment 37221

Last edited:

tom in mpls

I don't know about iPhoto, which I don't use, but the EXIF on my photos gives exact latitude, longitude, and altitude. I have iPhoto 08 so I don't think I can even test it.

Terry

Thanks Tom. I think I'm having a problem getting the GPS to lock. I couldn't test it on Sunday as it was raining and I live in a concrete building that is not GPS friendly. I'm going to check it out in the next couple of days.

hot

I am only using IrfanView (pilw - "postprocessing is lifetime wasting") - and it shows GPS data and GPS locations.