The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fisheye options?

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Okay, thinned one of the adapters with a Dremel, and it's usable now. The lens shows a fair amount of chromatic aberration, but it cleans up very easily in LR3 using a -40 red/cyan setting. A bit soft around the corners, but perfectly acceptable. Extremely well controlled flare and ghosting.

edwardkaraa

In hindsight, I probably should have just bought the Sony...

At the beginning I was a bit reluctant to use Sony glass because I had previously used only Zeiss. However, I started to become a fan of the old Minolta look (not to be confused with the look of recent lenses) which include the Sony 20/2.8, 35/1.4G and 50/1.4.

Also fisheyes are very easy to design and most are of good quality because they don't need much corrections.

So, I too would have chosen the Sony.

roweraay

I have a Sony that I have barely used (as "mint" as they come with retail box and all else that came with it)....not a big fisheye person, even though when I bought it, I had hopes of using it.

Just put mine up for sale in the buy/sell area.

Click here for Link to the listing

Last edited:

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Got a Sony Fisheye - and it's a great little lens. Unfortunately, it won't focus to infinity either. And upon close examination it turns out NONE of my other lenses do either, other than those that will turn past infinity. Time to send the a850 off to Sony... :(