The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

18-50mm f2.8 on NEX?

sychan

Once I pick up a Nikon G adapter I will probably give it a try. I like that lens on my D200. Though I end up using the Sigma 30/1.4 most of the time on it if I'm not using the travel zoom.

Steve

Rawfa

Thanks, Steve. Let us know what do you think. It would be cool if you could post some photos taken with this lens and OF the nex5 WITH this lens.

G

GaryW

I don't have the Sigma. Is it as large and heavy as the Tamron 17-50/2.8? I really like that lens, but it just seems large for the camera. Maybe I should try it anyway, but like Steve, I'd probably use a prime when not using the kit lens... What I'd expect out of a lens like the Sigma or Tamron is better low light performance as well as (hopefully!) more sharpness with decent light. But is that enough to overcome the hassle of MF?:)