The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX5 + Makinon 500mm mirror

Pat Donnelly

Brilliant lens. Most of these may not be of such high quality? The Tamrons are great. I love the mirror lenses, particularly when they can close focus.

Lovely pics. I have an Ep-1 and am waiting for prices on the nex-3 to slump before getting it to use with all my c mount lenses.

Excellent work! Thanks!

Pat Donnelly

I've just realized? The Clivias were the subject of both photos, weren't they?

You clever fellow! The leds were probably 8000 C? What a revelation! UV light, you think?

Thanks again!

hot

Yes - second picture with pocket lamp with 21 (white) LEDs. First with 100W bulb.

AGeoJO

Nice shots! On the first picture, did you actually mount the camera on the ballhead? I know it is a CAT lens and it is not that heavy compared to a regular lens but still... No problem with the mount of that camera at all?

hot

Yes, camera was mounted on tripod - distance ~ 5 meters and only one 100W bulb. Mirror tele is an old one with KonicaAR mount I bought ~ 1985 for my KonicaAR and KonicaTC.