The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A900 tethered shooting

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
My cord stays in the camera; but I have bought one of these from B&H:

IOU2AABEC16 1 USB 2.0 Booster Extension Cable A Male to A Female - 16' (4m).

these are supposed to amplify the signal so that its integrity is maintained over the distance. Hans, re. connection type: I am on retreat right now, so can't check this, but if you post over at Dyxum.com, someone there will answer. Good luck and I will be checking back on this thread. Cheers, Kit

J

jsheppard

"Can you vouch for any other of their products? Look to be well-conceived. Thanks. "

Yes, I use a few of the Tether Tools products and they work great. Their tables work with all tripods and lightstands. It is really well made and comes with a heavy duty black fabric case. I also have a Jerkstopper mentioned above and also a USB cable and it works great too.

I just ordered the jerk stopper for both the camera end and the laptop end. Looks like a great product. I already have an aluminum plate with a 1/4-20 hole in the middle that I used to use to support my slide projector with a tripod... I'll just slap a dovetail on it and should be all set... though I'm eyeballing the ThinkTank laptop hood as well. Next, I'll need to find a sherpa... :ROTFL: