The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX & biggish hands?

emr

Hi. I've several times thought about getting a cheapish NEX camera as a portable solution. However, I recently tried a NEX 3 with its even smaller than NEX 5 grip in a store and I felt it was close to impossible to hold with my size 8 claws. I realize with bigger lenses one can hold more or less the lens while the camera body just tags along, but I just could not find a way to hold one with a smaller lens. It felt like I'd have to hold it with just a few fingers. How do you guys with bigger hands find the ergonomics?

(As a side note, I'm also beginning to like the bigger DSLRs. I'm a Pentax user and have thought that I like compact cameras. But especially with my K-x, my little finger is off the grip in the air. I recently handled a Canon 7D in a store and while I wasn't too fond of the button and menu ergonomics, the camera size and grip fit like a glove. I just loved the grip.)