Site Sponsors

Thread: My new favorite lens on NEX...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

My new favorite lens on NEX...

It's longish, feels like a telephoto but handling is excellent... fast, focuses VERY close with floating elements, and has an angle of view I really like (considering some of my other favorites are the various 40mm lenses on Leicas.)

28/2 Distagon 'Hollywood'

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new favorite lens on NEX...

Hi Robert,
    It is definitely a great lens. I remembered using it, with adapter, on my Canon body in the years past. SLR lenses do not have any edge issues on the NEX body but the thickness of the adapter kind of makes a longish lens even longer. For portability, I prefer Leica M lenses but indeed, I am also very pleased with the few SLR lenses I use on the NEX. My favorite lenses there include Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 ZM and Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AI-S left over from my Nikon days.
    Joshua - M9: Leica-M & Zeiss ZM lenses + Canon DSLR

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new favorite lens on NEX...

Joshua, that is true, it feels/handles like a tele due to the length of the lens + adapter. It's not pocketable. Although the focus throw is short and quick. If a smaller size is needed I can use the 35/2 Contax G for a ~50mm field of view.

I had the Nikkor 50/1.2 a while back, that could be a fun lens on the NEX...it was one of my favorites on my old D300 and that would be the same field of view on the NEX.