The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

If this is really the Nex-7

jonoslack

Jonas / Gio / Carlos
Quite agree with Carlos - nobody was being rude about MR - just a little gentle tongue in the cheek banter . . . . I think that if we want to be boring and literal, we can come to a couple of conclusions:

1. the NEX 7 is one of the more interesting cameras of the last year or so
2. the 24 Summilux is unlikely to perform badly on it
3. MR is fab
4. Gentle humour is better than rants
5. Americans can't spell humour.
6. Jono doesn't understand 'a couple'

Okay? agreed everyone?

Jonas

Jonas / Gio / Carlos
Quite agree with Carlos - nobody was being rude about MR - just a little gentle tongue in the cheek banter . . . . I think that if we want to be boring and literal, we can come to a couple of conclusions:

1. the NEX 7 is one of the more interesting cameras of the last year or so
2. the 24 Summilux is unlikely to perform badly on it
3. MR is fab
4. Gentle humour is better than rants
5. Americans can't spell humour.
6. Jono doesn't understand 'a couple'

Okay? agreed everyone?
Oh, I can agree. Maybe with a little reservation for point 2 and 3. Reichmann is fabulous (fab=fabulous, no?) as he is responsible for a column I like to read. I don't find him the greatest of reviewers. The 24 Summilux is a great lens from all I have seen from it (with a recent exception then...) but I think it is too early to claim the Nex-7 sensor/microlenses will handle border to border when used with such an extreme lens. On the other hand I seldom care about corners at f/1.4.

I wish I was better at gentle humour but it's an art not fitting my grumpy personality. I'm sure you are right though. Ranting is boring but sometimes necessary. Point 5 is not for me to judge; I can't post a message at all without having the spelling checker turned on but I'm not sure what language it's set to. Understanding a couple can't be important?

Point 1 is OK I think...

Yes, I'm positive about number 1.

Cheers,

/Jonas

jonoslack

I wish I was better at gentle humour but it's an art not fitting my grumpy personality. I'm sure you are right though. Ranting is boring but sometimes necessary. Point 5 is not for me to judge; I can't post a message at all without having the spelling checker turned on but I'm not sure what language it's set to. Understanding a couple can't be important?

Point 1 is OK I think...

Yes, I'm positive about number 1.

Cheers,

/Jonas
:)
Hi Jonas - I think you're an expert at gentle humour.