The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX5N Walk Around

Nettar

tigertimb, I'm with you on this. It'll be rather surprising of the NEX5n is not significantly better than the NEX7 at high iso; I expect the pair of them will be APS-C versions of the D3s and D3x, respectively. And the fact that you can use the add-on VF vertically, as well as horizontally, is a real bonus in my book. Getting down low, without actually lying on the ground, is one of the assets of the tilt screen, and this will carry over to the tilt viewfinder. Indeed, on the NEX5 there have already been times when I'd have liked the tilt-up viewfinder in bright light -- I've omitted to crop out distracting items on account of reflections on the tilted screen. Nettar

Terry

My own personal research says that after making a statement like this it is just one to seven days before the camera is in your hands :deadhorse:

Keith
Haha Keith - no, I really am showing restraint right now. My m4/3 is doing OK right now. I bought back into m4/3 for my Africa trip and don't want to sell it all off to go back to Sony right now. I still have NEX5 and two Contax G lenses. I wish Sony would make a 4:3 crop option available. I know this would lose pixels but I seem to like that aspect ratio better and it does match my medium format gear as well.

FlypenFly

I don't see the tilt viewfinder being that useful. Its still always going to have to be head level no matter what. I had the EVF on the EPL2 and I found it not that useful especially since its yet another thing that you have to remember to pack. It's also very fragile when you throw your camera in a bag. Great in sunlight though because the EPL2 screen was terrible in light.

I am also thinking that if you take two identical FoV with the NEX7 and the NEX5N, if you resize both to say 3000x3000 or a common resolution, the NEX7 shot will show less noise and more detail.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
. . . I wish Sony would make a 4:3 crop option available. I know this would lose pixels but I seem to like that aspect ratio better and it does match my medium format gear as well.
I agree with that one, Terry. I work mostly in square or 4:3. Wouldn't hurt Sony to do this, and yet it is a deal breaker for some. I know you can always crop afterwards, but I like to see my intended aspect ratio through the viewfinder when I take the picture

Keith