The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your best NEX-5N images here

scho

Love the Biogon on the NEX-5N but hate the adapter I had (Fotodiox). It would grind bad and nothing kills the experience worse. But the lens was amazing.

These shots show how sharp it is.
Thanks ShowPerformance. I guess I was lucky that my Fotodiox adapter has been very smooth. Must be a QC problem with production of these adapters

scho

Some signage around the waterfront after treatments to control invasive Hydrilla. Unhappy boaters have been stuck in the harbor after the waterways closed for the month. Data in exif.

scho

A touch of fall color. Windy and spitting rain. This one with the 40 Nokton (Nice little lens, but I prefer the 50).

Uwe: Really outstanding pictures as usual - as well with the Nex 5n! Always a joy to contemplate them and an enriching encouragement. Thanks for sharing!

jonoslack

Lovely Ryan
as for me?
well, my helicoid adaptor arrived today, my 28/ 45 con tax T* G2 lenses last week, and my 5N is due back from hong kong any day now.

I'll be back!

all the best

scho

Red swing and yellow willow leaves. NEX-5N+Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar. Exposure in exif.

jonoslack

Hi There
Well, my 5N arrived back yesterday - it was shipped from Hong Kong at 8.45 in the morning, and arrived here at 9.45 the following morning - amazing!

I've been playing with the helicoid adaptor and some leica lenses - such fun!

Here are a few with the Leica 50mm f1.4 'lux asph. (mostly around f4 - f5.6)

As LL says - What's Not to Like!

Terry

Jono the last one is my favorite with the third one (same subject as a close second). Really lovely.

jonoslack

Terry - Uwe - Thank you.
Now I've had a chance to set up the camera properly, and work out the custom options, I think that my only complaint is that when I'm trying to stop the dog eating a pigeon . . I tend to press buttons I didn't mean to!

The high ISO is ridiculously good - here is an out of camera jpg at ISO 3200, with absolutely no PP . . . . . .

I guess Emma wouldn't like it - but it's the general sparkle which gets to me!

taken with the 18-200