The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your best NEX-5N images here

llumiombres

Some new images to put some life into this thread:

Zeiss Opton 50 1,5 at 5,6

CV 35 1,4

Yashica ML 21 3,5 at 5,6

Thanks for looking,

Xavier

philber

Recently went to San Francisco for a couple of meetings, on my way from France to Japan. I had one mrning free before my plane took off, so I traipsed to the Embarcadero, and clocked my first ocean sunrise... ZM 18 @ :8.0

llumiombres

Philber encouraged me to post some San Francisco shots I took on a recent visit:

Kit lens

Ocean Beach (Contax G 90 2,8)

Palo Alto (kit)

Santa Cruz, with the Contax G 28 2,8

fotoingo

Subscriber Member
Here is my new -go anywhere- Kit.
I received the lens yesterday (and a Minolta CLE was also on the lens :D ) so I could not try the lens yet.
But I will go on vacation to Mallorca (Balearic Islands) next week and I will see what I get.
Cheers,
Ingo

PS: Picture is a bit blurred. Sorry.

Last edited:

fotoingo

Subscriber Member
Hello Uwe,
you honor me with your comment. Thank you.
Those pictures were shot with my 5-n
(and maybe my 5 which I used too on the trip-> so that I could have mounted two lenses at a time and change lenses less)
and my Contax G lenses. (28mm, 45mm, 90mm) + varoius "real" filters (Polarizer + Close up lens)
Sometimes I use a Canon Close up lens 250 D (with 46mm to 58mm adapter) on the 45mm (more) or 90mm(less) to get really good macro capabilities.
(Even though the minimum focus distance of the 28mm and 45 mm is pretty low)

I like to shoot like I did when shooting film so the pictures above are only slightly edited via Lightroom (Contrast, Saturation, Sharpening etc)

My "light" travel kit consists of
Nex 5-n
Nex 5
Contax G 28mm 45mm 90mm
Sony Nex 16mm
Filters (like mentioned above)
2 Contax G adapters
All fits in a small bag and is light enough to carry everywhere.

I own some Leica lenses too but I use the Contax G ones more often because of the lower value in my bag, the less weight and the smaller sizes. The bokeh of the Leica lenses is nicer but I like the Contax Gs bokeh too and they are also pin sharp wide open.

Btw nice pictures everyone !
Keep up the shooting and posting !!!

Greets, Ingo

llumiombres

Hi, Ingo,
I'm curious what you come up with in Mallorca, being myself from the island.

Really nice pictures everyone!

Xavier

j0sh818

Here is my new -go anywhere- Kit.
I received the lens yesterday (and a Minolta CLE was also on the lens :D ) so I could not try the lens yet.
But I will go on vacation to Mallorca (Balearic Islands) next week and I will see what I get.
Cheers,
Ingo

PS: Picture is a bit blurred. Sorry.

Nice! Did you paint your EVF?

Thanks!

Josh

fotoingo

Subscriber Member
Hey !
I´m back from Mallorca and had a great time with lovely weather while meeting llumiombres one of the days !
Thanks for all the information and the nice talk Xavier !

And of course... I painted the EVF ;) But I have to do it again since the paint is scratching off a bit.

Greet !

PS: Some pics from Mallorca are coming in the next days....

Bimjo

Well, these are with the lowly kit zoom, shot under a nice overcast sky with a piece of foamboard as a background. First two @ f/11, the last two @ f/13.

All shots are full frame, no crops.