The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your take on the 18-200mm zoom?

ustein

Contributing Editor
I find it quite nice between 30-100mm, above 100mm it gets softer.

Last edited by a moderator:

ustein

Contributing Editor
Re: You take on the 18-200mm zoom?

Did not use it much wide yet.

This was shot with 22mm (perspective corrected in CS5:

ustein

Contributing Editor

I think this lens would need a tripod collar? Did you use it from a tripod and how did it work.

Hosermage

Assuming the question is for me, no, it was handheld. I'm a total beginner at photography with NEX5 being my first non-P&S camera. At least these shots will show you what's the worst this lens can do at the hands of a newbie :p

I plan to take regular photo field trips with my young son around town, and the sel18200 is the only E-mount lens I take for AF. The reason is I want to leave room for other MF M-mount lenses in my small bag so I can practice with them.

I think this lens would need a tripod collar? Did you use it from a tripod and how did it work.

Hosermage

Sorry about that, I didn't know the Amazon S3 link was only temporary. I've uploaded the images to my album here on GetDPI, but I think there's a file size and dimension limit here, so it will automatically resize them.

I believe DPR albums will allow you to download the original size image:
My DPR album