The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share Your A77 Images Here

jonoslack

Dawn at Walberswick
these are my first RAW conversions - Adobe DNG converter, and then processed in Aperture:

. . . . and yes, I did go swimming . . . and yes, it was cold brrrrr

all the best

Jim DE

Very nice Jono........ we have been having some of the same type mornings over here in the Mid Atlantic region of the USA.

Really like the spider web shot

ecsh

Jono
Are you happy with what you are seeing from the camera with this software convertor?
Joe

jonoslack

Jono
Are you happy with what you are seeing from the camera with this software convertor?
Joe
HI Joe
It's okay - but I'll be happier when there is proper support within Aperture.
It does work perfectly well though - not sure that high ISO is fantastic, but there's talk of a firmware update in the near future.

Generally the colour / contrast / detail level is pretty good though.

. . . here are a few more:

Walberswick Dawn

Terry

The pics aren't coming through. Can you try uploading to the gallery here? I can delete the bad posts if you want.

Terry

Yup, now they are all there. Well done. I hope you get the issues sorted out and can enjoy the rest of your trip with the A77.

jonoslack

Although my camera is still locked up, , i am very pleased with the camera.
Hi there Mark
Great photographs - I especially like the two black and white ones.

I'm sure that you've seen this, but on the Dyxum forum there is a message saying that Pressing:

[menu]+[movie]+[playback]

buttons simultaneously will sort out the problem.

more elaborately:

The post was in Simplified Chinese... translation as follow...
1. Turn off A77.
2. Take out battery.
3. Insert battery again.
4. Press these 3 buttons (Menu+Movie+Ael) simultaneously.
5. Turn on A77 and keep the 3 buttons pressed for 5 seconds. There will be a green spot "blinks" on the lower left corner of the LCD screen. Then "alpha logo" should show up again.

I guess it's worth trying each way around

But - does it work?
all the best

Last edited:

Mark K

Thanks Jono Slack. I failed to reset the camera so I just went to a local Sony shop and had my a77 upgraded to 1.03 firmware. From what I heard from Sony representatives here, a major upgrade, other than 1.03 version will be available in mid Oct.
The camera responds faster

jonoslack

Thanks Jono Slack. I failed to reset the camera so I just went to a local Sony shop and had my a77 upgraded to 1.03 firmware. From what I heard from Sony representatives here, a major upgrade, other than 1.03 version will be available in mid Oct.
The camera responds faster
Hi there - I guess that was the right answer - I'm glad you got it fixed - I wish I could get hold of 1.03, but it doesn't seem to be around elsewhere.
Not that I'm having any problems.

all the best

Terry

Hi there - I guess that was the right answer - I'm glad you got it fixed - I wish I could get hold of 1.03, but it doesn't seem to be around elsewhere.
Not that I'm having any problems.

all the best
Why not call Sony repair in the UK and see if they will send it to you?

jonoslack

Why not call Sony repair in the UK and see if they will send it to you?
Hi Terry
Because it'll take time, and I'm increasingly sure that it isn't relevant right now. It sounds like the firmware mid October will be a newer version.

The camera works very well . . . and . . . rumours to the effect that the cameras were being pulled from sale in the UK are apparently wrong - my dealer had quite a lot of bodies and sold them all, and as far as I've established they haven't had any back with issues.

The internet is an unkind place!

all the best

Mark K

I can sense Sony representatives both on phone or over the counter were really fed up with the complaints....after all the fix is great at least to me. The irritating "processing" waiting screen is gone forever. I experienced this sign in other camera bodies only when I shoot with NR on.

etrigan63

OK, NOW I can see Mark's images...

What lens were you using for the Buddha shot? The bokeh is quite nice.