The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone looking for the NEX EVF?

Terry

This item is hard, scratch that, impossible to find in the US so I ordered from DigitalRev in Hong Kong.

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/index.php

All I can say is WOW !!!!!:thumbs:

I ordered on Thursday AM San Francisco time which essentially was Friday in Hong Kong. My viewfinder was delivered this morning in San Francisco !!!!!!!!

Even better the price including shipping is less than the retail price in the US

$300 plus $19.xx shipping vs. $349 (potentially plus tax and shipping)

They aren't cheaper on all products and I think it is really based off of where the manufacturer prices items but we do have a very viable alternative on hard to find items.

i have no affiliation.

Hah, I just got mine from them as well. Amazing service.

I think I ordered on a Monday in TX and it was delivered on Wed at the same price - $319.

Terry

No issue on customs. I had no issue with my X100 coming from Japan either. I think there may be some sort of exemption on photo gear....don't quote me on that bit.

jonoslack

Buying from DigitalRev In the UK you pay a customs fee up front, which covers import duty and VAT etc.
My returned camera was shipped from Hong Kong at 8.45 am on a Tuesday and delivered to my door in rural Suffolk at 9.47 the next morning - almost unbelievably good service. . . . sending it back to them wasn't quite so good! However they refunded the postage via paypal very quickly, and offered me a refund / replacement camera - communication was good and they're a real pleasure to deal with.

I thoroughly recommend them

jfirneno

Got tired of looking at that Amazon pseudo-order sitting in my account window. Cancelled the order and went on e-bay and ordered it from DigitalRev. Felt good to stop waiting.

Regards,
John

N

nocavat

just got one too! makes the world of difference, super fast shipping also.
thanks for the recommendation..
Harvey

nostatic

unfortunately the price and delivery time went up, but I broke down and ordered one anyway. I'm hopeless...

kanzlr

you will not regret it. I picked one up locally, as the one I ordered from Hong Kong got lost in the mail.

What an excellent piece of equipment. I was against EVFs for years. That suddenly changed when I peeked through that little wart!