Site Sponsors

Thread: Hawks LEICA-M L-M to SONY NEX E-mount MACRO TUBE HELICOID Available now!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks LEICA-M L-M to SONY NEX E-mount MACRO TUBE HELICOID Available now!

Hawks just sent me an email saying that they had some available on US Ebay: 10 of them (now 9). After seeing Jono's shots this is a "must-have" for the Nex - Leica M combination.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hawks LEICA-M L-M to SONY NEX E-mount MACRO TUBE HELICOID Available now!

Thanks for the heads up Matt, ordered one.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am not sure there was another thread on this adapter (I searched for 2 days) but rather than starting a new thread, I will ad a few things here.

I have two of these now bought from John (JLM) and Jonas here. Possibly V1 and V2.

I took out all the screws, cleaned the threads and put them back with new loctite. The helicoid was also washed off to remove the original grease and regreased with a slightly stronger version.

I had to do this to minimize the wobble. Now, there is still a slight wobble and it does affect the sharpness. In some cases where the lens is too sharp for the NEX, this is a blessing in disguise. No moire.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Vivek

Thanks for your post.

I thought that my lens was moving but now I see that the helicoid has a very slight wabble.

I will try your remedy. What new grease (synthetic?) did you use? Is it quite stable at higher summer temperatures and still fluid enough at lower temperatures ( -20 C)?

I always appreciate your technical and exotic lens input.

Paul

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Paul, This one works fine (although there are many specialized ones available):

https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/it...oduct-id=87099

(if you look around, you could find the same for less)

You only need to apply the tiniest amount.