Site Sponsors

Thread: A77 Question...

Post Thanks / Like

A77 Question...

So I'm now seriously thinking about getting one. Not to use for myself, but to sit on and sell come early December. With the flooding in Thailand, a few places still have them, but they are selling out FAST. When they are gone, it looks like they will be unavailable until Mid-Jan. I think I could get one, hold it for a month, unopened, flip it and make a hefty profit.

I've been a procrastinator all my life. I know there are others like me. Why not make a little $$ for it?

My real aim is to buy the FF replacement next year.

Thoughts??
    SONY A900
    Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
    My Site|Facebook Fanpage|

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A77 Question...

I saw a used a77 kit on Craigslist for $400 over retail last week .... Supply and demand is a funny thing. I'd get some 5n's too cause there seems to be a huge demand for them too and their supply will dwindle as well.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hmmm
    Well, if I were doing this, then Sony would suddenly find a hidden stash of cameras, and the price would immediately drop by $300. . . . but maybe you're luckier with things like this!

Added to which, people don't love you for selling things over list price - they tend to get kind of tetchy!.

all the best

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

I think 3 things can happen:
    -1- You open it, test it, like it, keep it ==> expensive but fun
    -2- Street price does not go up and you sell at a loss ==> not fun, might as well have bought Greek bonds
    -3- Your scenario plays out, make a few $ which you forget about in a week ==> fun wears off quickly