The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A77 Question...

Lonnie Utah

So I'm now seriously thinking about getting one. Not to use for myself, but to sit on and sell come early December. With the flooding in Thailand, a few places still have them, but they are selling out FAST. When they are gone, it looks like they will be unavailable until Mid-Jan. I think I could get one, hold it for a month, unopened, flip it and make a hefty profit.

I've been a procrastinator all my life. I know there are others like me. Why not make a little $$ for it? :)

My real aim is to buy the FF replacement next year.

Thoughts??

Jim DE

I saw a used a77 kit on Craigslist for $400 over retail last week .... Supply and demand is a funny thing. I'd get some 5n's too cause there seems to be a huge demand for them too and their supply will dwindle as well.

jonoslack

Hmmm
Well, if I were doing this, then Sony would suddenly find a hidden stash of cameras, and the price would immediately drop by $300. . . . but maybe you're luckier with things like this!

Added to which, people don't love you for selling things over list price - they tend to get kind of tetchy!.

all the best

pegelli

I think 3 things can happen:
-1- You open it, test it, like it, keep it ==> expensive but fun
-2- Street price does not go up and you sell at a loss ==> not fun, might as well have bought Greek bonds
-3- Your scenario plays out, make a few $ which you forget about in a week ==> fun wears off quickly