http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1473

In case you've missed it

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here you go A77 / Aperture users

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1473

In case you've missed it
    Apple has released a Digital Camera RAW compatibility update for Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11.
    Update 3.9 extends raw support to eleven additional cameras, including the Canon Powershot S100, Olympus PEN E-PL3 and E-PM1, and Sony Alpha NEX-5N, SLT-A65 and SLT-A77.
    The update is available for immediate download from Apple's website.
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember you have to be running snow leopard or Lion to update.......

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DE View Post
    Just remember you have to be running snow leopard or Lion to update.......
    Wow Jim
    I didn't realise you were still running Leopard . . . I think you should do something about it!

all the best

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

This is getting better and better by the minute........ guess what? Our Apple Store doesn't sell Snow Leopard! You have to buy it online ....... What a PIA!!!

Called Apple to verify and sure enough OS upgrades are sold online only.... starting with Lion all updates will be done as a online service. You will order it on line and it will download on your computer.

Sad part is You have to have the latest Snow Leopard to update to Lion and that is available on hard disk only. I now have to wait till 11/18-21/11 before it will be delivered to my house.
    Last edited by Jim DE; 11th November 2011 at 07:24.

Post Thanks / Like

Whew what a friggin ordeal... Snow leopard arrived at 10:00 this morning and I immediately started the updating .... It is now 1445 and I am finally loading camera raw update to Lion.

Apple needs to rethink this online OS upgrades. I went from leopard to snow leopard and now Lion and the process will end up taking over 5 hours. Please Apple either speed this process up or make DVD's available if the users would prefer this method. The online upgrade from snow leopard to lion is ridiculous.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You can order Lion on a USB key from the Apple Store.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like

I did not see that Carlos ... The way I linked into the store it only showed the online upload version. But honestly I would of clicked online upload anyway being how small the file size actually was. One never would of thought it would of taken over 2 hours to download a file that small. I know better now I can't imagine if I still worked rather than being retired going through that sort of time consuming hassle. That would of been a two to three night process while I slept. And, forget it if I actually needed that Desktop for work that day.

My purpose for my post was to vent a bit and let others know to allow plenty of time if they have to go the route I did. By the time I time machined the system to a aux hard drive and backed up my aperture library as well my desktop was steady working from 10 am to 9 pm yesterday.

On a positive note .... I did 3 test raw shots with the a77 and processed them in Aperture and I think after I tweak the settings a bit I am going to be happy with the output.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Lion file that you initially download is an installer. When you run it, it downloads the rest of the update and then installs it. How long that takes is a function of your Internet speed and the processor speed of your Mac.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lion is a 4GB download.