The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Possible Good News!

jonoslack

Mid-December (local shops)

Please check your PM. ;)
Hi Vivek
thank you so much - always the gentleman . . . unfortunately I think that this trip I'll have to head home empty-handed. Hopefully it's arrival in Holland is a precursor to it's arrival in the UK (together with the NEX7 of course!).

thanks again
all the best

V

Vivek

Why would he use an "E" lens on an Alpha body, or should i say how?
Joe
It is easy to get confused when dealing with two different mounts.

The E-Sonnar 25/1.8 is, of course, different than the ZA Distagon 25/2.

monza

According to the local Sony rep:

"Looks like it will hit our warehouse Dec. 13 and ship shortly after that." (speaking of the 24mm Zeiss E mount.)

thrice

NEX-7 is January. Depending on region will depend on when within that month (and maybe early Feb) you will get your camera. Stocks will be very limited so if you want one sooner rather than later I recommend pre-ordering.

V

Vivek

This (unfortunate and disastrous floods in Thailand) delay has made this interesting.

I am prepared to wait longer before weighing my options regarding the NEX system.

The LA-EA2 adapter from Sony makes the whole thing very interesting to seriously consider alpha system (Nex and the regular ones) as the system to use.

Last edited:

Terry

NEX-7 is January. Depending on region will depend on when within that month (and maybe early Feb) you will get your camera. Stocks will be very limited so if you want one sooner rather than later I recommend pre-ordering.
Sony announced last night limited US deliveries for December!

Terry

Sounds like you might be in line for an early one Terry . . . .can't complain I guess, having got an A77 in September.
No, I don't think I was that early on the list. I was trying to resist at first. We all know how stupid and futile that was. :loco:

m_driscoll

Just checked my PayPal account and it was lower with no explanation, except "pending transaction". The amount was familiar, so i checked my orders on Sony Style. My 24mm f/1.8 is ready to ship tomorrow. Now, I have to wait and see if I'm one of the "select" pre-order customers to get a Nex 7 next week. :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Given the varying rumors, leaks, announcements, lack of, and surfeit, of information, I'll believe I have it when it's in my hand. This is my order status:

"Item Details Quantity Total Price
Model Number: SEL24F18Z
Carl Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 Lens$999.99
Items:1
Order Status: READY FOR SHIPMENT Estimated Ship Date: 12/09/2011
Write a review"

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com