Site Sponsors

Thread: A850 images on the darker side

Question A850 images on the darker side

I'm finding the images out of my Sony Alpha 850 about 2/3 of a stop darker then out of my A700. Is it only me or are you finding the same?

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A850 images on the darker side

You could turn up the brightness until they match...

Post Thanks / Like

i come from nikon d300/d700,fuji s3pro and i find the a900 slighly underexpose..

Post Thanks / Like

Are your images 2/3 stop darker then the A700 at the same exposure setting (time/aperture/iso) or is your camera simply underexposing 2/3 stop vs. your A700?

Secondly, are you doing the comparison on raw files using ACR or lightroom? There it is known that the default setting for the exposure should be somewhere around -0.5 ~ -0.75 to compensate for the fact that Adobe interprets the A700 files much too bright vs. other converters, while the A850/A900 seems very comparable to other converters at the default exposure setting of 0.
    Last edited by pegelli; 28th November 2011 at 01:49. Reason: corrected two typos

Jjcra

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'm finding the images out of my Sony Alpha 850 about 2/3 of a stop darker then out of my A700. Is it only me or are you finding the same?
    I find my 850 extremely accurate, That is the first thing I noticed when I switched from the A700