The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Contax G/Leica M Conversion from rangefinderforums

jthurs

Hey, this is a repost.

Just found this thread on rangefinder forum about converting Contax G to Leica M with focus mechanism. Saw the Hawks adapter post and know that going from M to NEX is very easy so this may be of some interest.

Here's the thread:

T

trivuong

So the cost is $300-$400 for each lens and it's permanent.
It's always good to have different options I guess.

monza

This is a lens I sent off to have converted...cost is not set yet, it will probably be more than 400. I actually haven't seen the lens in person, either. :) When it arrives I'll give a full rundown.

jonoslack

Hi Robert
Intrigued . . . I'd rather given up with the clunky MF on the adaptors (the K adapter is better, but the little pyramid thing always jagged my finger when focusing, and the metabones was just too big.
all the best

monza

Just arrived, wow, using this on the NEX with the Hawk adapter is a dream...the helicoid is super smooth, unlike the G to NEX adapter I have used. And the focusing ring is in just the right place, not jammed up against the lens mount.

This is a prototype. More info soon as to availability.

scho

Just arrived, wow, using this on the NEX with the Hawk adapter is a dream...the helicoid is super smooth, unlike the G to NEX adapter I have used. And the focusing ring is in just the right place, not jammed up against the lens mount.

This is a prototype. More info soon as to availability.

Looks great Robert! Just what I need to get my Contax G lenses mounted on the GXR-M.

Looking forward to getting my hands on this Robert. Now let's get Hawk cooking on that Contax 645 adapter! That's the one I really am excited for...