The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

ptomsu

Workshop Member
After seeing all these images I think I should also get a NEX-7.

What would be the most preferable Sony lens for it? Above that I would use it with my M glass collection, so what is the best adapter?

Thanks

Peter

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Same set up but infinity shooting...

Blacksmith 1

Blacksmith 2

This is a major step from the NEX-5N...

Bob

jonoslack

HI Bob
Lovely clean shots

Carlos - you will not show me shots with that lens - I already have the A mount f2 and the Leica f1.4 . . . I do NOT need another 24mm!

Terry - congratulations on yours as well. How are you getting on?

Peter - it's the same old Sony colour that you don't like - take care!

Never been this excited since I first started using the Panasonic G1 when that debuted.

Fabulous and a :thumbs: to Sony!
I opened mine last night as well - I'm pretty excited too!- hooray.
Busy today, and anyway it's raining, so not much chance to play.
These were taken in the kitchen with the 50 'lux:

all the best

jonoslack

N.B
More snaps later.
I've figured out the interface I think - seems odd, but pretty cool nonetheless.

I've used:
Leica R 28-90
Leica WATE
Leica 50 f1.4
Leica 24 f1.4
these leica wides do well, with no obvious vignetting or colour cast

Sony 18-200
Sony 18-55 kit (silver)
Sony 16 mm

Everything has performed perfectly well with good detail and resolution, no magenta corners - actually, I've been very surprised at how well the Sony lenses seem to hold up against the illustrious competition.

Last edited:

jonoslack

here's one with the Leica try-elmar 16-18-21 at 16mm

I've now also tried the 24 summilux - there's not much vignetting, and no obvious colour cast there either.

Quentin_Bargate

Just think, Jono, how were once so impressed by 13.5mp in the old Kodak 14n (I was looking through some old shots from the 14nx yesterday). Now we have 24mp in a welll designed miniature body, the perfect travel camera. What's not to like?!

jonoslack

Just think, Jono, how were once so impressed by 13.5mp in the old Kodak 14n (I was looking through some old shots from the 14nx yesterday). Now we have 24mp in a welll designed miniature body, the perfect travel camera. What's not to like?!
Exactly - even the strap's pretty nice! I've not done any big prints yet, but I can see it's gonna be fine (Oh Yes!).

V

Vivek

Exactly - even the strap's pretty nice! I've not done any big prints yet, but I can see it's gonna be fine (Oh Yes!).
Yes! I will admit to that for the first time. I am usually averse to the standard issue straps (barring a few no name ones from the pricey folks).

Yes, to the other one as well! In my initial excitement, I forgot to set the size to RAW+jpg and snapped the early ones with the largest jpg setting. Even those are pretty good! :)

V

Vivek

Yet another tidbit that most may not need.

The NEX-7 sensitivity only goes near blue and absolutely shows no UV sensitivity at all (even more severe UV cut than the NEX-5) and nearly no sensitivity beyond 690nm.

Overall, a very strong UV/IR cut filter inside the cam.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

A couple of snaps from the NEX-7. Both jpg from the cam and resized.

Olympus Pen F 40/1.4 (at f/2), ISO400, fill flash from the tiny pop-up.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Minolta Rokkor 40/2 wide open, ISO800, Mixed ambient lighting, monochrome jpg from the cam.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

etrigan63

Was doing some pet portraits today. Since I didn't have a radio trigger that fit the NEX-7 (have to look into a hotshoe adapter) I used the pop up flash to trigger the strobes. Still have to Mickey with the settings to get it perfect, put I got some passable shots.

She has heterochromia.

N

nex100

I wonder if the ZM 18mm or the ZM 15mm lens will have a color shift with the NEX7

philber

Well, it seems that I am the idiot around the block. Alll of you have your NEX 7 now, and mine, even though I ordered it on the day it was open for pre-orders, is scheduled for the last days in January...:-((((
Sony were really clever with their marketing in France: the only cams they shipped so far were through their own Sony store in Paris. I can understand that. But selling multiple copies to individuals, who then put them up for auction at twice RRSP? That when they haves scores of loyal customers waiting in line? For shame!

etrigan63

Sony were really clever with their marketing in France: the only cams they shipped so far were through their own Sony store in Paris. I can understand that. But selling multiple copies to individuals, who then put them up for auction at twice RRSP? That when they haves scores of loyal customers waiting in line? For shame!
Sounds like somebody in the supply chain over there is getting a kickback, Phillipe. Sorry to hear that you caught some of that fallout.

jonoslack

Handheld at 1/16th 200 mm on the 18-200 at 1600 ISO
uncropped - only levels adjustment (it was slightly under-exposed)