The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

etrigan63

It looks like a glass building, quite possibly surrounded by other buildings (ie. behind the camera).
Behind the camera was a parking lot, followed by a 6-lane major thoroughfare, followed by another parking lot, and finally a shopping mall.

Yes, the building has a glass exterior, but the innards are opaque (it's not completely made of glass).

eleanorbrown

There is nothing like a full frame sensor, I agree on that one. Eleanor

Terry, Eleanor; thanks.
It's no substitute for the M9, 'cos it doesn't have an optical rangefinder with a fixed view of the world. And there's that special zing of a leica lens on a full frame sensor without an AA filter.
Sure is good fun though!

dhsimmonds

Terry, Eleanor; thanks.
It's no substitute for the M9, 'cos it doesn't have an optical rangefinder with a fixed view of the world. And there's that special zing of a leica lens on a full frame sensor without an AA filter.
Sure is good fun though!
It can go on Jono....there is no substitute for the zing of a leica lens on a medium format sensor without an AA filter. When is the S2 arriving? :ROTFL:

V

Vivek

Behind the camera was a parking lot, followed by a 6-lane major thoroughfare, followed by another parking lot, and finally a shopping mall.

Yes, the building has a glass exterior, but the innards are opaque (it's not completely made of glass).
Carlos, For a dense sensor that the NEX-7 has, the DR is a pleasant surprise. Without that caveat, there isn't much going on for it (in my brief experience).

Panasonic's GH-2 looks favorable to me in that respect.

Quentin_Bargate

I think the colours from the NEX-7 are pretty good. The Macro is OK - very light - but no steadyshot which is annoying. :wtf: Must be a technical reason because there is plenty of room in the lens body.

Where is Sigma with their E mount offerings, one asks???!!!

Quentin

V

Vivek

My close-up/macro lighting set-up is still in progress. Here is one taken with a Nichia LED (CRI >92) light of a prewar 3.5cm f/4.5 Planar (RMS mount).

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Sorry Nex 7 folks but I'm slipping a Ricoh GX100 shot in here for Jono - then I promise to go away :)

Jono, this is Bennie the Bengal - see the resemblance?

Keith

G

gplatt

Thanks for all the Nex-7 fun. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get one as I don't even see a site taking orders right now.

Preferably a shop which will post it to Sweden.

thanks
Guy

V

Vivek

This was one of the early snaps (#48 to be exact). Extremely dimly (candle) lit room.
Taken with a Nikkor-O 55/1.2 (aka CRT Nikkor) mounted on a Hawk Peng helicoid. ISO6400.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Image has gone through LR with a bit of noise reduction.