The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

philip_pj

My word, Sony are going to own the sensor world. There is a fine density, even visible in jpegs, from the NEX7, with fabulous contrast handling.

Steve Fines

Hey,

Just got the Nex7 and 16/2.8. First shot deserves a post. Mixed mercury / twilight / fluorescent handled well with awb.

iso 200, 16/2.8 at f/4, 1/8s, handheld and a couple of crops. I think I'm going to like this camera!

uhoh7

with the 18-200 (-20C or thereabouts brrrrr!)
That's a really nice one--love to see the full.

A n7 thread is good--precisely because we CAN compare. I doubt anyone has bought one without considering alternatives.

But I am surpised online results are so close to 5n. The m8 and m9 are still the leaders for RF glass, and distinctive. Caveats of course.

In fact I nearly bought an m8 for 1700USD the other day. under 4k shutter.

I think they are getting to be a steal.

bcm

Hi fellas. Just joined as I've recently moved from years of using Canon DSLRs to a NEX 7 and rangefinder glass.

Quick snap this morning to try out the HVL20AM flash I bought yesterday to use in place of the on board unit.

My 7 month old daughter practicing her crawling. Shot with a Zeiss ZM 50.

bradhusick

One from Kauai this week. Helicopter (in red circle) and my son are 100% pixels. Standard output from LR3. Sony 18-200 lens at 18mm.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

The 'Bridge of Aspiration' between the Royal Ballet School and the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden. I couldn't wait for the ballet dancers to run across. :(

Three shots from last month.

Nex 7; 24mm f/1.8; 1/1000s @ f/3.5; ISO 800

Nex 7; 24mm f/1.8; 1/640s @ f/3.5; ISO 800

Nex 7; 24mm f/1.8; 1/2500s @ f/3.5; ISO 800

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll