The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

m_driscoll

'Government Crafts' Store and Chamundi Temple, Mysore, India.

Nex 7; SEL 18-200mm; 18mm; 1/40s @ f/9; ISO 1600

Nex 7; SEL 18-200mm; 18mm; 1/30s @ f/9; ISO 1600

Nex 7; SEL 18-200mm; 18mm; 1/125s @ f/9; ISO 100

Nex 7; SEL 18-200mm; 18mm; 1/60s @ f/9; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

N

nzmacro

Just a few macro shots from the 7 taken with various MF lenses.

All the best folks.

Danny.

V

Vivek

Fantastic stuff, Danny! That Bee in flight is just awesome! :thumbs:

fotoingo

Subscriber Member
Fantastic stuff, Danny! That Bee in flight is just awesome! :thumbs:
+1

All of them were shot with flash and the ones in flight with a light barrier ?
Are the fly pictures full size or 100% crops ?

Really nice stuff !

N

nzmacro

+1

All of them were shot with flash and the ones in flight with a light barrier ?
Are the fly pictures full size or 100% crops ?

Really nice stuff !
Hey thanks folks.

Ring flash, but the ones in flight are just daylight, no barriers, pure natural. Only the bumble bee was flashed. Crops are the two larger fly heads and the others are virtually FF with just a slight rotate. I generally shoot over 3:1 with m4/3 but I'm still waiting to get all the gear setup for the NEX-7.

The macros are with a Panasonic 45-200 locked on F/22 with an added Raynox DCR-250. The in flight shots are with a Canon FD 300 F/2.8 and a 50mm extension tube.

All the best and still going through a few shots in here, nice work folks. That 7 sensor is something else for sure.

Danny.

N

nzmacro

That Government crafts store scares the heck out of me Matt. Cabinet maker this end and to see a chisel on the bench and a guy in bare feet just sends shivers up my spine :)

Fine shots though Matt and great colours. Very interesting.

Danny.

m_driscoll

That Government crafts store scares the heck out of me Matt. Cabinet maker this end and to see a chisel on the bench and a guy in bare feet just sends shivers up my spine :)

Fine shots though Matt and great colours. Very interesting.

Danny.
Danny: Thanks! I'm not sure any real work is done there? He probably works on that same table every day. :D

Cheers,
Matt
Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

I see that Danny already posted his macros. I just got back into macrophotography. These are some from the past week. Currently with my set-up, I'm limited to 1.72x. There is no crop on any of them. Peaking is a wonderful feature for macro, I did not have to do any focus mag.

Wounded One - 1.7x mag.

Desert Beauty - 1.6x mag.

Hard Work - 1.3x mag.

Social Corner - 1.3x mag.

Taking a Stroll - 1.72x mag.

Follow Me - 1.72x mag.

V

Vivek

hiepphotog, Just make sure your sensor is cleaned properly before every time you do macro and well past diffraction limits. It is a big headache.:(

N

nzmacro

Danny,

I would love to hear how you captured those in-flight shots.
Shoot wide and crop. If you are getting too close to them, well theres not much chance of getting a fast enough shot. Take a long lens add a tube and work from well back. The advantage of the NEX-7 sensor is in cropping, its superb and that sensor is just screaming from cropping.

Nice shooting there as well BTW. Enjoying the macro work we see from the 7. Keep them coming.

All the best.

Danny.

N

nzmacro

A few bird shots using either a Canon 300mm F/2.8 or the 500mm F/4.5. Still learning this NEX-7, but its slowly getting there. All cropped. That 7 has some sensor !!

Tern searching for food from around 30 mtrs up

One Tern went home with a fish feed

Wax-eye / silver eyes or whatever your country calls them ;)

Canada Goose just flying by

A few little sparrows

And a couple of Starlings

All the best folks.

Danny.