The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Another really fun and inexpensive lens on the NEX-7 is the Fujinon C-mount TV 75mm f1.8 lens.

Unlike the CCTV 35/1.7, the 75/1.8 lens has high optical quality throughout the frame, is very sharp edge to edge when stopped down, and has very nice bokeh. This one is a great performer and definite keeper on the NEX-7, useful for both portraits and landscapes.

V

Vivek

That Fujinon-TV 75/1.8, I dig and have mentioned here a few times. :) It is quite decent. Corners, wide open, are still a mush though.

jonoslack

Here are some springtime shots:

this one with the stupidly good kit lens (18-55)

and another with the 18-55

this one with the Leica 28-90 R

another with the Leica 28-90 R

another with the Leica 28-90 R

with the 18-55

with the 18-55

with the Sony Zeiss 24 f1.8

Rich M

Nice Jono......I thought you ditched your NEX 7?

I really like the first two with the kit lens. Nice OOF areas...

You've had good kit lens karma.....I remember the K5/18-135 shots. Upon reflection though, it's probably just the photog. :thumbup:

R

jonoslack

Nice Jono......I thought you ditched your NEX 7?
Hi Rich. I did, then realised my mistake, fortunately prices have dropped a little, and I still had the lenses, so I didn't lose too much.
Nice
I really like the first two with the kit lens. Nice OOF areas...

You've had good kit lens karma.....I remember the K5/18-135 shots. Upon reflection though, it's probably just the photog. :thumbup:

R
Thank you!
I think the thing with kit lenses is not to expect more than is reasonable. Be prepared to stop down, especially at the wide end. Not too surprising that the 18-55 is good though as its not a huge range. Nice thing is how close it focuses.

All the best

m_driscoll

The 'waiting for your food' shot and a few others.

Nex 7; Sigma 19mm f/2.8; 1/200s @ f/6.3; ISO 100

Nex 7; Sigma 19mm f/2.8; 1/40s @ f/2.8; -1/3 EV; ISO 100

Nex 7; Sigma 19mm f/2.8; 1/800s @ f/2.8; -1/3 EV; ISO 100

Nex 7; Sigma 19mm f/2.8; 1/2000s @ f/2.8; -1/3 EV; ISO 100

Nex 7; Sigma 19mm f/2.8; 1/3200s @ f/2.8; -1/3 EV; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

jonoslack

HI Matt
Those are great - are you pleased with the Sigma?
I'm not even sure if it's available over here.

I dug out my Hawks adapter and had some fun with the Leica 50 and 35 'lux lenses today.

Terry

Jono these look nice. Like the eggs in their varying colors. I was just reading an article about more people in the US in more suburban/urban areas raising all different varieties of chickens for fresh eggs.

Also, from yesterday the landscape with the 28-90R and the dog portrait were quite nice.

jonoslack

Jono these look nice. Like the eggs in their varying colors. I was just reading an article about more people in the US in more suburban/urban areas raising all different varieties of chickens for fresh eggs.

Also, from yesterday the landscape with the 28-90R and the dog portrait were quite nice.
Thanks Terry
I'm sure that the jpg files from the NEX7 are not up to those from the X-pro1 - but the RAW files are certainly good.
Emma's had different chickens for different coloured eggs for years - partly because it's good fun, but partly also because you can tell who's laying, and who isn't!

Arjuna

Emma's had different chickens for different coloured eggs for years - partly because it's good fun, but partly also because you can tell who's laying, and who isn't!
It is helpful - I occasionally helped with some chickens for a while, including some 'heritage' breeds, and the variety of egg colours, and chicken appearances, was a delight. (non-Nex 7 pictures).