The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

Photon-hunter

Thanks for the kind words!! I haven´t shot anything in a good while. I need to start shooting RAW and getting a solid PP workflow for the Nex-7. The files are very, very different to those from my Fuji X-100. I can feel a Lightroom weekend coming...
;-)

E.

ashwinrao1

Lloyd seems to have grown a beard, and a camera that makes you look thinner seems bound to succeed. Mimi looks fab as ever, and Ashwin . . . well, Ashwin is Ashwin :ROTFL::ROTFL: I see no sign of Marleigh though - seems that she's wise enough to sit next to the photographer!.
Oh my, what did I deserve to "earn" this praise :toocool::LOL:

Seriously though, it was great fun seeing the virtual world turn to reality....I agree, I like how the panorama makes me a few pounds/kilos lighter LOL...

ashwinrao1

Erik, those photos are simply perfect, spectalar, magnificient!

The Sigma looks like a winner. THe bokeh is fantastic for macro work! Go figure! Thanks for sharing...

Photon-hunter

Ashwin, thanks for the kind words. You may be partly responsible for my Nex-7 adventure: your article over at Steve Huff helped pushing me off the fence... ;-)

The Sigma is def. a winner, I really, really like this lens. I am amazed that you can actually get this IQ from a lens this price... But the Bokeh is, hmm, interesting. It´s a little unpredictable, sometimes I love it and some times I find it a tad crazy. I need to play around a little more. Stopping down a bit may help. Plenty of playing and experimenting ahead!!!

E.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you Mike, Ashwin and Jono.
Erik, I like these, especially the blue bench. Seems like a very nice lens to have in the bag.
Vivek, The texture on the tulip is very nice and the color pops without being oversaturated.

Photon-hunter

Thanks all for the kind words.

@Vivek: wow, velvety tulip!! Nice out of focus areas.
@Jono: Lovely light. I love those dramatic skies.

E.

V

Vivek

Another one from that.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

I found out what I did wrong with the Sigma 30mm f/2.8 DN (nothing wrong with the lens). Wrong filter/step ring combo. Did not realize the vignetting and the resultant mush. :eek: