The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

Michiel Schierbeek

I reckon those colours are more 80/90s than hippy - so you'll probably have to put it down to ketamine rather than LSD!:toocool:
Most out of date hippys probably needed tranquilizers to cool down their tripping colors, but that doesn't have to mean you have to repaint your whole house. :ROTFL:

Michiel

jonoslack

Most out of date hippys probably needed tranquilizers to cool down their tripping colors, but that doesn't have to mean you have to repaint your whole house. :ROTFL:

Michiel
Careful Careful Michiel . . . just look at my avatar . . . I'm definitely an out of date hippy :chug:

jonoslack

This is prove that it can do reds:D
I've never thought of it . . . did anyone say it couldn't?
The wonder of Sony is that (unlike everything else except Olympus) I never give the colour a second thought - it's just good!

all the best

jonoslack

It can do yellow as well!

It's very stormy here still - windy and prone to large dumps of rain (apparently we're in the middle of the worst drought since 1976).

Here are 3 shots from this morning's walk - all with the 18-55 kit lens. It's better than it has any right to be (especially the bokeh), but I'd like something a little better and a little wider (equivalent to the 12-60 4/3 Zuiko perhaps).

Bill Gordon

all with the 18-55 kit lens. It's better than it has any right to be (especially the bokeh), but I'd like something a little better and a little wider (equivalent to the 12-60 4/3 Zuiko perhaps).
I have a feeling Jono that when I next see you it will be with an OM D5 in your bag!! I was talking to the local Oly rep and he told me that they under-estimated the demand for this camera and hit is as hot as hell.......see you in May

Old Bill

jonoslack

all with the 18-55 kit lens. It's better than it has any right to be (especially the bokeh), but I'd like something a little better and a little wider (equivalent to the 12-60 4/3 Zuiko perhaps).
I have a feeling Jono that when I next see you it will be with an OM D5 in your bag!! I was talking to the local Oly rep and he told me that they under-estimated the demand for this camera and hit is as hot as hell.......see you in May
Old Bill
HI Bill
Well, I was talking of the 12-60 f2.8-f4 4/3, not the m.4/3 12-50 f3.5-f6.3 . . . but hey, you never know! I certainly think the OMD looks the business. it's obviously better at AF than the NEX as well.

But the NEX7 seems to me to have better IQ, and a better EVF
The other advantage of the NEX7 is focus peaking - IMHO it's the one most important development in EVF cameras over the last 18 months.

Looking forwards to seeing you and Jeremy as well Bill.

all the best

jonoslack

Thanks Woody
Nex - 7 plus 24mm lux

. . . . more of the same
Excellent Woody - I prefer more of the same I think.

. . . and another testament to the importance of light.

it's a pity isn't it, one always wants one's photography to transcend the conditions . . . but somehow it never does!