The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

NicholasRab

Just back from my first and last road trip only using an NEX-7. It's so close to being everything I need, but still not quite there. Still, stunning camera for it's size.

Kelso Dunes, Mojave National Preserve

jlm

Workshop Member
finally fired up the 7, with 50 lux, first shots, indoor natural light.

this fine lady is celebrating her 90th

V

Vivek

Congrats to the lady!

The NEX-7 seems to show no sign of bad corners either!

mazor

True vivek, problem is since the flooding in Thailand, the Sony factory has been producing very small quantities of 7, infact I know of people that have been waiting for the black 18-55 kit nex 7 for over 2 months now

P

panyawong

Is that a foot fault? Nice capture though! If that's your kid, you need to tell him to look at the ball through the impact. That will help in ball placement.

NEX-7, Olympus pen F 100/3.5
The 10 frames/s capability of NEX-7 came in handy.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Finally got the waiting list filled so I could grab my own NEX7. Thought I'd share a couple, both taken with the 18-200 at 400ISO.

V

Vivek

Is that a foot fault? Nice capture though! If that's your kid, you need to tell him to look at the ball through the impact. That will help in ball placement.
Thanks, Panya. He has his own trainer now and all aspects are being looked after (FWIW, 4 years ago, that part- ie watching the ball was spot on). :)

V

Vivek

I am not particularly pleased with this. The bee was still alive (towards the end its life cycle, presumably) and would not allow for any other approach.

NEX-7, Sony E 30/3.5, f/20, 1/160s, HVL-F20AM, Flash modifier

V

Vivek

Confusing, isn't it? Years of tinkering allows one to enjoy TTL flashing in a small, convenient package. :) It isn't "there" yet but will get there.:)

retow

NEX 7 with AA Summicron 90. A few more from Sunday's horse race. The last one is cropped.

Last edited:

Bigkidneys

Nothing amazing but a couple of snaps of my daughter and friend on her Paddleboard this weekend. Taken with the E mount 55-210. Selling my entire Nex 7 system in favor of the Xpro1. The 7 seems more versatile but just can't afford two systems. I will miss it though for sure.

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Some with the new Sigma lenses. Mostly around the new Filmmuseum in Amsterdam. A typical modern computer designed building. What shape is not possible anymore? :rolleyes:

Michiel