The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

jlm

Workshop Member
last one. all quickly processed in C1, mostly full frame, a few show more magenta corners, even though LCC applied. seems like this works but needs optimizing. first time out with this lens on the nex. it is a lot of fun

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Nice series, John (not a living soul in sight!)!

Life is full of surprises- only in your Kyptonite shot, in the lower left corner there is a hint of magenta.

Unlike, the C-V 15/4.5, the C-V 12/5.6 behaves differently (for the better) on the NEX-7.

The veteran Kit made me scratch my head when he sold off his 5N in favor of the 7 to use with the C-V 12 lens. I understand it now. :)

jlm

Workshop Member
90mm; shooting f8 or so, using the focus magnifier to nail it; doubt I could have been so well focused with the M8. all hand held, so different for me!

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
The veteran Kit kept his GXR M module for the 12/5.6!

But if I do keep the NEX-7 (and I have not tried the 12 on it, so these images are very good to see), I might have to change from Aperture to LR4. I have C1Pro6, but have to admit I have no idea how to do LCCs or correct the colour casts.

Uwe mentioned that LR does this correction automatically, but I have no experience of it myself.

Jim, I don't see any of the edge smearing of details with the 12/5.6 and the NEX-7, either. Do you see any at full file size?

Cheers all, kl

jlm

Workshop Member
Kit:
using C1:
you need a separate LCC for each lens in question
1. take a shot at the f-stop you are using, adjust exposure to center the histogram by changing shutter speed. but put a white plastic diffuser right on the lens and focus on infinity.

2. in C1, open that shot, open the lens correction tab (the little lens image), under LCC you are going to create a new LCC, I use the same name, maybe add text after it, "like 12mm" then select analyse technical wide angle. an LCC will be created and stored.

3. to apply the LCC, open the image, go to lens correction, look at LCC list and select the one you created. it will be applied. you can choose several features to toggle on and off: edge color cast correction, light falloff (with a slider) dust removal (this is very useful), chroma, vignetting, etc.

it is quite easy

V

Vivek

Hi Kit,

These two snaps were with the 12/5.6 on the NEX-7 taken a few days ago.

Processed through LR3 (vignetting and such). Though magenta (color shift) is there, it is nowhere near the amount from the CV15/4.5 lens.

Michiel Schierbeek

Matt Thanks, I was quiet pleased with that one. Glad you were too! :salute:

jlm Lovely work and I always love to see photos from New York (streetscenes) outside the regular places!

Today I did some Macro in the Hortus Botanica off blosseming cactusplants.
Very small flowers. Actually to test two macro Minolta md macrolenses, but I ended up with th Schneiderlens on bellows. Sharper.
Tryed lots of DOF. No photostacking (yet)

Michiel

V

Vivek

Michiel, They look good but sharpness/detail is lacking. Which Minolta MD macro lenses did you try? I had the 50mm and the 100mm bellows lenses once. They were very good.