The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

KenLee

Ken,
The toning in your monochrome images is really beautiful. Do you still use your photoshop fill layer method?
Thank you - yes, that's how I do it. So far, it's the best and simplest approach I have found, but I haven't searched for a while. As we know, there are often several ways to do the same thing in Photoshop :)

scho

Yesterday was kite boarding and today stand up paddle boarding on the waterfront. The guy in the green kayak is considered passé. I'm curious to see what the next "in" water activity will be.
Nex7 with Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar (heavy crop).

Taylor Sherman

With the 21SE - the magenta cast is proving difficult to eradicate in all cases - some photos it's totally removed by cornerfix, others still look like this one.

DSC08910_CF.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

I may just end up bringing the 5N along too when I go out with that lens.

scho

A few shots with the Sony 50mm f/1.8 on the NEX7 taken on an afternoon stream walk.

Last edited:

f/otographer

Hi all. Brand new to the forums. I joined up for all the great Sony info I have found on here. Currently making the move from Canon DSLR's to a NEX/SLT setup. I cant be happier.

Michiel, that is a wonderful carousel photo. The composition with the cliffs in the distance is just spot on.

Here is a little macro from my NEX 7 using the wonderful Minolta MD Macro Rokkor-X 50/3.5, straight out of the camera using the toy camera effect. Hope you enjoy and I look forward to posting and learning here.

scho

A couple of strange sightings down at the local park and farmers market. NEX7 with Sony 50 E 1.8.

Scottish festival participants (clan of the cave bear?)

Tree hugger, knitted tree scarf???

What is a yarn bomber?

f/otographer

Yarn bombing, yarnbombing, yarnstorming, guerrilla knitting, urban knitting or graffiti knitting is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted yarn or fibre rather than paint or chalk.

While yarn installations – called yarn bombs or yarnstorms – may last for years, they are considered non-permanent, and, unlike other forms of graffiti, can be easily removed if necessary. Nonetheless, the practice is still technically illegal, though it is not often prosecuted vigorously.

While other forms of graffiti may be expressive, decorative, territorial, socio-political commentary, advertising or vandalism, yarn bombing was initially almost exclusively about reclaiming and personalizing sterile or cold public places.[2] It has since developed with groups graffiti knitting and crocheting worldwide, each with their own agendas and public graffiti knitting projects being run.

-from Wikipedia

I had no idea...

scho

Yarn bombing, yarnbombing, yarnstorming, guerrilla knitting, urban knitting or graffiti knitting is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted yarn or fibre rather than paint or chalk.

While yarn installations – called yarn bombs or yarnstorms – may last for years, they are considered non-permanent, and, unlike other forms of graffiti, can be easily removed if necessary. Nonetheless, the practice is still technically illegal, though it is not often prosecuted vigorously.

While other forms of graffiti may be expressive, decorative, territorial, socio-political commentary, advertising or vandalism, yarn bombing was initially almost exclusively about reclaiming and personalizing sterile or cold public places.[2] It has since developed with groups graffiti knitting and crocheting worldwide, each with their own agendas and public graffiti knitting projects being run.

-from Wikipedia

I had no idea...
Thanks, neither did I. Guess I'd rather deal with this than the painters.