The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

James Clark

I was a longtime NEX5 user in the first iteration - I took that little camera on almost all of my travels and it and the kit 18-55 served me wonderfully. I've now upgraded to the NEX7 and I'm happy to say it's just as awesome for a small, easily packed travel camera even with the relatively huge 18-200 :)

f/otographer

Shot with an M42 Helios 44-2

Whats kinda cool here is the trail of pollen particles the bee is leaving in the air as it flies away.

f/otographer

That's one miraculous picture! How did you shoot it, burst mode?
Believe it or not, it was just one shot. I had pre-focused on the bee while he was collection pollen on the plant to the right. I was just holding the camera there looking thru the VF hoping he would fly off into the background area where I had the strong out of focus effects. I was waiting and waiting, making small focus adjustments as he moved around on the plant. Finally I pull away from the VF and look around the camera to see if there are any other bees close and at that exact moment he launches in the air.

At that point I just fire the shutter, one click, and hope I got him at a decent angle with his body in a good position to the camera and hopefully in the bokeh area. When I hit the play button and saw what I got I couldnt be happier. :)