The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

philber

Love these two shots, Michiel! How you manage this effortless simplicity into your shots just makes me green with envy. I must work harder at this!

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks again Philber! You make me blush. I know you are capable of remarkable work yourself.

Myself I am not always so secure about my photography, especially in the technical field.
I know I can look and see light, structure and colour. I like to keep things simpel, maybe because of what i said before.
And to choose a subject to concentrate on always helps me.

Here are three from today over the roofs of Mers les Bains.

Michiel

philber

I would happily post from my NEX 7, but, for some reason, on this forum, I am too dumb to get anything in the same size as you, Michiel. All I get is thumbnail-sized which needs to be clicked. Can you help?

pegelli

Time to post another image with the NEX-7 since no one seems to have a one any more. :confused:

Michiel
Sorry Michiel, I'd love to play but I don't have one :(
I really like these shots you've taken in France, not the best light but very nice composition of shapes and subdued colours.

Michiel Schierbeek

I would happily post from my NEX 7, but, for some reason, on this forum, I am too dumb to get anything in the same size as you, Michiel. All I get is thumbnail-sized which needs to be clicked. Can you help?
Hi Philber; You click on the picture button (square mountain) and type in your url. I don't know if you have any space on the net somewhere with the images the way you like them.
Or if you have uploaded images in this forum right click on the big image, not the thumbnail, and copy url and paste in your post.
At least that is the way I do it.

Would love to see your images here. :)

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

@ Philber;
I hope you don't mind but this one of yours I copyed the url from your images and pasted it in the opened picture button.
If you like your image centered go in advanced mode , select your image and click on the center text button.

BTW you where quiet close in Rouen from where i live these days :)

Michiel

Image from Philber​

Michiel Schierbeek

Sorry Michiel, I'd love to play but I don't have one :(
I really like these shots you've taken in France, not the best light but very nice composition of shapes and subdued colours.
Thanks Pegelli :)

This is a lousy summer (again) but you can find very nice cloudy skys. :p
A perfect blue sky can be boring for photography.

Michiel

Quentin_Bargate

A few shots from a certain sporting event, or nearby, last Sunday, all with the NEX-7 and Tamron 18-200mm

Yes, a very public marriage proposal!

Last edited:

philber

Hi Philber; You click on the picture button (square mountain) and type in your url. I don't know if you have any space on the net somewhere with the images the way you like them.
Or if you have uploaded images in this forum right click on the big image, not the thumbnail, and copy url and paste in your post.
At least that is the way I do it.

Would love to see your images here. :)

Michiel

OK, that I am dumb is history. I have now been promoted to dumber! I tried what you suggested, Michiel, ar at least I tried. Clicked "quick reply". Clicked the square mountain. Pasted a Flick'r URL in the box, added some text, and entered. The text showed, but not the picture. Got a very small colour square instead. Is there are size limit that means my pictures get rejected for excessive size (they are 600Ko and 1200p max)?
Thanks for the continuing help.

etrigan63

Philber,
the easiest way to share Flickr photos here is:
* go to you photo page in Flickr, click on the "Share" drop-down menu above the photo,
* click on "Grab the HTML/BBCode",
* select the size from the drop-down menu below the code snippet,
* click on the "BBCode" radio button and then
* copy the code snippet from the text box and paste it directly into your post over here.

It is actually easier done than said.