The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

Taylor Sherman

Nice shots, Uwe -not a lens I have seen very much of.

Got a Zeiss 100 MP the other day. It's heavy. Not a killer - only slightly heaver than the 24/2 Distagon ZA + LA-EA2, for instance. But not going to be an every-day lens. Also, it's a tough FL on 1.5x crop for me. Works great for macro, though.

Blueberry by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

Hungry Dog 1 by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

DSC01646.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

DSC01657.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

DSC01700.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

DSC01722.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

DSC01915.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

ustein

Contributing Editor
>-not a lens I have seen very much of.

Seems like. I get the feeling it is underrated. All shots were taken at fixed infinity.

Michiel Schierbeek

Passing the Pyrenees at the boarder to Spain over a small pass at 2300 m. I saw these cows and horses. An exeptional sight. (For the cows look at the Ricoh GXR thread.)

Michiel

V

Vivek

Michiel, I read that the original design was made by Gaudi. However, what is standing there now is not a Gaudi due to several modifications. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Well, it must be the story of his life.
The Sagrada Família in Barcelona has known many architect since the time he died, killed by a streetcar. He would certainly not have approved of all the new developments and designs. It is in the spirit of, but no more.
One can clearly see that. The part approved and controlled by him looks much more interesting then the newer parts.

Actually the same counts for Episcopal Palace, although he did not approve of it during his lifetime. In reality it is rather ugly and has an extreme high kitch content.

Though, most travel guides and city folders speak about a work of Gaudi. It probably sells better.

Michiel

ypamine

Hello,

I have been admiring many of the splendid pictures within this thread, and would like to modestly contribute also.

Nex 7 with Zeiss 2.8/25

C

castorjovial

Some tests of my old fujinon-x 50/1.9 with brand new adapter :

simonclivehughes

I just traded up from a pair of NEX5 bodies to a pair of NEX 7 and I'm just getting to grips with them... lovely cameras. Yesterday, I picked up the Sigma 30mm f2.8 and Sony 50mm f1.8 lenses for them and went shooting in downtown Vancouver in the Chinatown and Gastown areas. Here's some resulting shots, processed in Topaz Detail and some in Silver EFex Pro. As always, click on a picture for a larger version.

Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Gardens
Sigma 30mm @ f2.8
View attachment 62860

Gastown
Sony 50mm @ f1.8
View attachment 62861

Chinatown
Sigma 30mm @ f2.8
View attachment 62858

Street Scene
Sony 50mm @ f1.8
View attachment 62863

Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Gardens
Sony 50mm @ f1.8
View attachment 62864

These figures, all decorated differently, can be found all over Van right now.
Sony 50mm @ f1.8
View attachment 62862

Starbucks
Sony 50mm
View attachment 62859

Cheers,

Last edited: