The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

S

silvrmn

Trump Tower from Chicago Loop, looking pretentious. Child with nanny at Pritzker Fountain at Millennium Park, Chicago. Both NEX-7 with Zeiss 24/1.8.

Michiel Schierbeek

Saw this spider eating this poor ladybug. It is a cruel world.
No ideal circumstances, i had to shoot against the sun or fall of a platform :(

Michiel

Last edited:

philber

Nice set, Taylor! I prefer the B&W iterations.
Nice catch of a catch, Michiel!
Really like the last two from yourr set, Uwe!

Reynolds

Workshop Member
A few with the NEX 7...what a great little machine. After the eyes said "no more manual focus"...I have been saved!!

KenLee

Bit of a change from LF?:ROTFL:

Have always loved your BW tones and sensibility.

Regards,

Bob
Thank you - Yes, a big change :)

As a tourist in Paris, there was no way I could carry a tripod around - never mind a view camera. The NEX-7 with 18-55 kit lens fit in a jacket pocket.

philber

Ken, as a Parisian, I face that same tripod problem, and have found multiple partial solutions. The obvious one is to check whether there are any surfaces where I can lay down the camera and get the shot I want. Not often, but sometimes it works. The second possibility is a Manfrotto table-top tripod on the ground. It can't work when there are lots of people walking by, but it is fine in quieter parts,where I can do it disceetly and neither bother anyone nor be told off. The third one is a Cullmann harness that is not as effective as a tripod, but lets me go down to about 1/4s. Hope this helps!

KenLee

Thank you - excellent suggestions.

To keep the camera steady, I set the ISO fairly high, held the camera against my abdomen and looked down at the LCD to compose the shots: a "poor-man's harness" I guess.