The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

f/otographer

John, as Michiel said just about any of the ebay adapter will do. Some are better then others so it is a bit of a crap shoot. I lucked up with mine and it seems to do just fine. The good thing is if the lens is a little loose the adapter are adjustable so you can snug that up to fix it.

I have had rather good luck with adapters I have received from Fotodiox - your online source for professional photography accesories and supplies

They have gotten serious about the adapter game and carry all kinds for all makes of cameras. They get theirs from most of the same factories that the ebay sellers seem to but I think fotodiox implements a bit of quality control on what they buy. Not for sure about that, but I have purchased I think 5 adapters from them and haven't really had a problem with them.

If money isnt an option then check out the Novoflex adapters. They are just over 200 bones but are supposed to be designed and produced in Germany to much higher specifications then the Chinese stuff. Worth a look if you have a fat wallet.

I highly reccomend you give the Minolta glass a try on your NEX. Rokkor lenses were some of the best available back in the day and they still produce truly wonderful photos. Here is an interesting bit of history on Minolta lenses.

https://sites.google.com/site/seevve/historical-perspective-on-minolta-lens-design-philosophy

Hope some of this helps.

f/otographer

Here is another from my wonderful little Minolta MD 35/2.8

and another showing the close focus ability of the 35/2.8

and a gratuitous bokeh shot from my MC Rokkor PF 58/1.4 (straight out of the camera)
walking down bokeh street

simonclivehughes

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Lovely photographa Simon. Although the colours in the second one look a bit weird, almost like an illustration, but I like it here.

Philber, Love the silence in your photographs of your magnificent city.
You must be an early riser, like all the French. :)

Michiel

simonclivehughes

Lovely photographa Simon. Although the colours in the second one look a bit weird, almost like an illustration, but I like it here.
The first two pics are remarkable IMHO, Simon. PP is an individual thing, but definitely great work!
Thanks Gentlemen,

I've been playing around with different filter combos in Color Efex Pro (new to me) so that accounts for the colors in the second image. If I recall, this is using the Detail Extractor on the 'flat' setting and then the Brilliance/Warmth filter.

I also find it useful for pre-processing before I use Silver Efex Pro 2, as you see in the first picture where I used the Detail Extractor and ND Grad filters to bring out the detail and contrast in the sky and water. The Detail Extractor also gives a nice grain effect.

Cheers,

Michiel Schierbeek

Good information, Simon. Thanks. Never got into Silver Efex Pro. I looked into it but never really tried it.

This is an older image with a Russian € 5,- lens. Really small and quiet good.

Michiel

mazor

Vivek, I am so envious, you have a 60mm f1.5 penf!!! Lovely bokeh, bet it is hard to focus even with focus peaking, especially with moving street subjects!

V

Vivek

It is easy to focus with the 60/1.5. No problems. The temperature was 8 deg C and the shutter speeds were quite low. Handholding the camera in those conditions surrounded by people (with little space to move around) is a bit challenging. Shutter speeds 1/80s and above works well for portraits.

bcm

Playing around with a suggestion I saw on the rangefinder forum for processing B&W. NEX 7 + ZM50 f2.

I'm assuming my daughter will grow some hair on her head at some point...