The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with NEX-7

f/otographer

Hi again all. I have been posting so much to the Speedbooster forum in the last few weeks I thought I would change gears a bit with a sampling of recent shots done without the Speedbooster.

You will probably notice a theme running through some of the photos. I must say that recently I have been fascinated with interpreting (somewhat poorly) Meatyards 'No focus' style.

Zeiss Flektogon 35/2.8 zebra

imbalance of strata

tethered to the earth

the darkening of the light

the grass is not always greener

NEX 7 with LA-EA2 adapter and Minolta AF 50/1.7

deux lignes noires

be still

vanishing

passionate green

of natures work

LA-EA2 with Minolta AF 24/2.8

a darkening way (the black church)

Minolta MD 35/2.8

they dance alone

the veil

Minolta MC Rokkor PF 55/1.7

untitled

my what big eyes you have...

f/otographer

Great composition with the lady on the bench John. Her coat of many colors dominates that photo in contrast to the negative space on the top and sides.

Taylor Sherman

Thanks f/otographer! It's a strange area. The "bad" part is only about a 1-block radius, outside of that it's regular Seattle neighborhood. And from what I can tell it's not really unsafe at all, just run-down. There are very few actually unsafe areas in Seattle, IME.

The CV15 is quite good. I might not use it as much when my Touit 12 shows up. The vignetting from the CV15 is often great (I generally find I like the effect), but the fact that it shows up in every photo gets a bit old. On the plus side, the files produced are pretty malleable - the B&W one for instance has +100 Clarity in PS, it doesn't come out as artificial-looking with this lens as it can with others IME.

Meanwhile, here's something fairly random from the 35 Cron-R:

DSC09588_ff.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

Michiel Schierbeek

Manoir d'Ango in Normandy from 1530-1544. Build by Jehan Ango, a shipbuilder and Pirate.
Italian designers were involved at the time. The last one is a house for 3200 pigeons. Asign af wealth.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

All with the Minolta MD 24-35/3.5
It was actually not so easy to get the shots without people in it.
They walked in the frame constantly.
I was beginning to wonder if parts of France are also becoming like Spain with more and more ghost towns due to loss of people.