Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with NEX-7

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fun with NEX-7

At Matt's suggestion, I am starting the NEX-7 version of the "Fun with" threads. As is required by (unwritten) site protocol, I am including an image of the camera in question:

My NEX-7 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

and the requisite cat picture:

Requisite Cat Photo by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

First image taken with a Pentax Q, second image by NEX-7 + CV 35mm Nokton f/1.4 @ about f/4, ISO 800.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

nocavat

Re: Fun with NEX-7

i'm jealous, not getting mine yet, i ordered the kit and it wont start shipping till after new years, enjoy it, i'll have to "suffer" with my 5n in the mean time.
    Quote Originally Posted by etrigan63 View Post
    At Matt's suggestion, I am starting the NEX-7 version of the "Fun with" threads. As is required by (unwritten) site protocol, I am including an image of the camera in question:

My NEX-7 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

and the requisite cat picture:

Requisite Cat Photo by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

First image taken with a Pentax Q, second image by NEX-7 + CV 35mm Nokton f/1.4 @ about f/4, ISO 800.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here are a couple more test shots using some of the in-camera effects modes:

Rich Monotone

Sony NEX-7 Rich Tone Monochrome by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr
    The lens flares are from my filthy windshield.

HDR Mid

Sony NEX-7 HDR Mid by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr
    I noticed a bit of CA in the lights, but I have to check if it is the lens or the in-camera software.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hmmmm... so it can take cat pictures? Probably not a camera for me then. All my cameras lock up automatically if I attempt to take a photo of a cat, a dog, a brick wall or a back yard

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I took a cat photo a few minutes ago, but, I haven't had time to process it. Here's a few from this afternoon.

Nex 7; 24mm f/1.8; 1/60s @ f/2.5; +2-1/3 EV; ISO 3200

Nex 7; 24mm f/1.8; 1/250s @ f/1.8; ISO 100

Nex 7; 24mm f/1.8; 1/500s @ f/1.8; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Carlos: Haven't gone into any of those 'effects' on the Nex 5N or 7. I guess i could set it to Raw + JPEG, and get both. I'll have to try it out of curiosity, now.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a very trim and attractive camera.
    I want to know how well it images with 15 to 28 mm M-bayonet lenses, please. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Matt, I presume you have an adapter for your M lenses? Really looking forward to reading your thoughts on how the Sony performs....

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Matt, Thanks for posting, See here. Did you notice any vignetting/purple shift in the corners with your 24/1.8?

Post Thanks / Like

Enrique, I would love to hear your comments on general handling and focussing with this particular lens; the combination of the 7 and the CV 35/1.4 is exactly what I was thinking about. Setup looks great, too.

My cameras find cats to be strange attractors; if I don't shoot them, bad things happen!

Part of this silliness is categorising her 'arm' positions, as in gymnastics: this is a simple 'blocked extend'; low difficulty score, but perfect execution!

X10, SOOC, resized.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sure thing Kit. BTW, it's Carlos. Enrique was my great-great-uncle who came to the United States via Ellis Island in 1915 (his name is on the books there).

But first, some test shots with a Zuiko 135mm f/2.8 + Fotodiox adapter:

Tinajon by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Orange Geigers by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Infinity Focus Test by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

This last shot was a test of sharpness wide open and infinity focus. If you look at the full sized image (click on the picture to take you to the flickr page) you can see the details of the airplane and the black bits on the lower right of the shot aren't dust specks - they're turkey buzzards in flight.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Carlos; seems I was a bit quick to post! And I will love to hear more about the CV 35 and the 7. Where did you get your body from, BTW?

Cheers and thanks, Kit

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Precision Camera. i got on the list in September. I started doing some tests with the CV 35mm and I ran into the dreaded "infinity focus" issue with the rainbow adapter I have. i just ordered an M-to-NEX adapter from Fotodiox so we'll see how that turns out.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

As requested here's two images with M-Mount lenses. Imported directly into LR3, converted to DNG on import, exported as jpeg. 'Purple shift' on both. Most evident on the 15mm photo. It wasn't this apparent on my Nex 5N.

Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5

Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2

Cheers, Matt

Last edited by m_driscoll; 22nd December 2011 at 20:03.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This one with the CV Nokton 35 mm f/1.4. No color shift evident.

IMG_20111222_0049 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Carlos: Looks great. I borrowed that lens and liked it on the M9. Might be worth getting one. My next try is going to be with a 35mm Sumicron and a 24 Lux.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Three from in front of my office and one from lunch in the Fremont Neighborhood.

Nex 7; Leica 28mm f/2; 1/200s; -1-1/3 EV; ISO 100

Nex 7; Leica 28mm f/2; 1/160s; -1-1/3 EV; ISO 160

Nex 7; Leica 28mm f/2; 1/160s; -1-1/3 EV; ISO 800

Nex 7; Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8; 1/800s; -1/3 EV; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

love the shot with the yellow ropes

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well, personally I think they all look dreadful . . . . . . ..

But then I would think that , wouldn't I . . . . .

Because I haven't got a camera

. . . and it looks like end January for me

Incidentally, as far as the purple shift and lenses are concerned, I think it's to do with whether the lenses are symmetrical (bad) or not (good).

If you have it Matt, it might be very interesting to see how the WATE does - I suspect you might find that it does much better.

PS Lots of nice shots from y'all - any first impressions?

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jono,
    I am in the throes of putting together a "first impressions" blog post for the NEX-7 and the Pentax Q, but here are the highlights so far...

* Amazing dynamic range.
    * EVF makes the use of Exposure Compensation mind-bogglingly easy to use. Just remember to put it back after you shoot.
    * Focus peaking makes using legacy glass a rather simple affair (as long as there is contrast for it to work with. But, you already knew this.

More on this as I think about it.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    As requested here's two images with M-Mount lenses. Imported directly into LR3, converted to DNG on import, exported as jpeg. 'Purple shift' on both. Most evident on the 15mm photo. It wasn't this apparent on my Nex 5N.
    Well, that nixes the NEX 7 for me. It otherwise looks like a very nice body to work with. But, for me, it has to work with M-bayonet 21, 25, and 28 mm lenses as well as the Ricoh GXR-M does to be worth putting money into. I get virtually no color shifting with symmetrical M-bayonet lenses in these focal lengths on the GXR-M.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Godfrey, I have to agree with you regarding M-glass wider than 35 mm for this camera. Unfortunately, there is no definitive list of which lens is symmetric and which is asymmetric in design. At least, none that I know of.

I have had some rather good results with Zuiko OM glass, but this does not address your need to access legacy M-glass.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Godfrey, I have to agree with you regarding M-glass wider than 35 mm for this camera. Unfortunately, there is no definitive list of which lens is symmetric and which is asymmetric in design. At least, none that I know of.

I have had some rather good results with Zuiko OM glass, but this does not address your need to access legacy M-glass.
    I'm sure the NEX 7 will work fine with all short focal length SLR lenses as all of them once down to 35mm focal length will be significant retrofocus designs to clear the reflex mirror. That was why manufacturers chose to build their digital camera lines on the SLR lens lines in the first place, and why it was so difficult for Leica to come out with a digital RF camera that performed well.

But I've got a healthy bit of money in new, not "legacy", M-bayonet lenses for the GXR and Leica M. They are the basis of what I want to work with due to their imaging characteristics, size and overall quality/feel/yada-yada. ;-)

I'll be sticking with the GXR. If the rumors are true, the 16 Mpixel version of the GXR A12 Camera Mount will be surfacing shortly. Given Ricoh's track record with the A12 Camera Mount, I expect it to be the best mirrorless body for these lenses until whatever Leica produces surfaces, and that remains a question mark as they might go the S2 route and design a whole new lens line specifically for it and eschew optimization for M-bayonet mount.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Color shift is simple if you use C1. One click with LCC correction. I have to use it with my MF tech camera.

You do need to shoot the LLC frames and for many uses you can have a set of generic LCC's. Sort of similar to shooting a shot through an expo-disc

That doesn't help if there is smearing just color.

Ricoh has done a good job with the M module. Everyone has different wants and needs and that's why all of the systems can peacefully coexist.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Merry X-Mas to me.
    I was looking up something on B&H's site and decided to go the NEX 7 page. Seems like for a brief nanosecond they had a few in stock. Not anymore ....arrives sometime next week.

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I must have gotten the one before it...Thursday 29 arrival.

Bob

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well Bob and Terry
    I hope you have a fantastic Christmas . . . . no no no, of COURSE I'm not jealous

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Color shift is simple if you use C1. One click with LCC correction. I have to use it with my MF tech camera.
    Luminous Landscape commented on the magenta corners briefly as well and recommended a free program called Cornerfix (about 2/3 way down):

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...g_review.shtml

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

You do need to shoot the LLC frames and for many uses you can have a set of generic LCC's. Sort of similar to shooting a shot through an expo-disc

That doesn't help if there is smearing just color.
    Aside from the fact that I have no desire to adopt yet another image processing routine from what I'm already doing ... :-) ... The smearing is the larger problem. If a camera is producing color shifts with short focal length lenses, it means the ray trace to edges and corner photosites is oblique enough with those lenses to cause corner and edge resolution issues, if not pronounced smearing. Smearing is exaggerated evidence of this issue.

One of the folks on the DPR forum posted a very interesting review of NEX 5n vs GXR-M cameras. He owns the NEX 5n and rented the GXR-M. I thought he did an excellent, objective job of articulating the differences ... and why he chose to stick with the Sony.

forums.dpreview.com/forums/... Ricoh Forum - "GXR M module vs 5N hands on review"

I see his results and comments, and it reinforces why I prefer to stick with the Ricoh.

But I think it is well taken that *all* of these cameras can produce excellent results, given that a photographer picks the right lenses to work with them, and the process that exploits their best capabilities and minimizes where they are deficient.

And most of all that the photographer's own skills in seeing and realizing that vision are up to the task. The cameras are not the weak point.

"Equipment is transitory. Photography endures."

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am not jealous either!
    I just bought a nice zoomlens kit for the NEX7.
    A Contax Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.4 and the Zeiss Vario sonnar 70-200/4
    with a C/Y to NEX adapter. I hope those can handle the resolution
    They have nice pouches, so they will not collect any dust till when........

Michiel

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    If a camera is producing color shifts with short focal length lenses, it means the ray trace to edges and corner photosites is oblique enough with those lenses to cause corner and edge resolution issues, if not pronounced smearing. Smearing is exaggerated evidence of this issue.

[/I]
    I have bigger color shifts with MF format than what is shown here without smearing.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I have bigger color shifts with MF format than what is shown here without smearing.
    Why are you trying to push on this, Terry?

I like the NEX 7 very much as a design concept. I just won't buy one because it doesn't work well with the lenses I've chosen and I have no interest in buying another system of lenses that works well with it.

Whatever the NEX 7's other excellent attributes might be do not outweigh the fact that I'm sure the gains over what I have are marginal at best. I'm trying to reduce the amount of equipment in the cabinet. Not increase it.

Controlling the magpie is difficult enough. ;-)

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

jlm: Thanks!
    Terry/Bob: Congratulations!
    Jono: I'll be in London on the 16th of next month on the way to India. If you meet me a Covent Gardens, I'll let you hold it. Kidding. I'll see if there's a WATE at the camera store to try. Mine is long gone.
    Godfrey: I had the GXR for a little while. What sold me on the Nex (5N and 7) was the viewfinder, different MF focus peaking, and usability of Sony Alpha and almost any other kind of lens. The IQ of the GXR with the A12 M-mount was stunning. If, I need a lens like the CV 15, i'll put it on the 5N or the M9. Truthfully, I rarely need the CV15...And, I heartily agree with your last sentence.
    ggibson: I'll have to look into corner fix again. MR wasn't overly bothered by the fringing.
    Michael: Those lenses should work great. I had a Contax/Nex adapter, but gave it away. Like Godfrey, I'm trying to limit my 'systems'.Have fun.

I've got the 24 Lux and 50 Lux in my bag to try today.

Cheers and Happy Holidays, Matt

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, I followed that thread on DPR too Godfrey.
    I will not part from my Ricoh either because they did a lot right especially for our wide Zeiss en VC lenses and with the user interface and a swell body.
    It sort of got laughed away before but many experienced the same gain in quality, on different forums like here for example http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...d.php?t=111430

But the Nex 7 is a revolutionary camera too and I like 24MP for bigger prints and there are a lot of alt lenses which will work beautifully on the Sony.

So I want to have both. Eventually the Ricoh with the upcoming 16MP sony sensored M module. If that works like this module does after their treatment, it will outclass the Sony 5n for symmetrical designed wide lenses even more.
    It could even be that this module will arrive sooner then the Nex 7.

Michiel

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Why are you trying to push on this, Terry?

I like the NEX 7 very much as a design concept. I just won't buy one because it doesn't work well with the lenses I've chosen and I have no interest in buying another system of lenses that works well with it.

Whatever the NEX 7's other excellent attributes might be do not outweigh the fact that I'm sure the gains over what I have are marginal at best. I'm trying to reduce the amount of equipment in the cabinet. Not increase it.

Controlling the magpie is difficult enough. ;-)
    I'm not trying to push on anything and could care less if you want to buy a NEX 7 or not. I am making the point that I deal with color shifts everyday in my workflow and that you can have a lot of color shift without smearing. A tremendous amount of work was done on this with the release of the IQ180 back that had the exact same impact as the release of the NEX 7 after the NEX 5. Same sensor size, increased pixel density, introducing color shifts that need correction. With tech cameras it becomes even more pronounced with shifts as you are moving closer to the edges of the image circle.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Godfrey: I had the GXR for a little while. What sold me on the Nex (5N and 7) was the viewfinder, different MF focus peaking, and usability of Sony Alpha and almost any other kind of lens. The IQ of the GXR with the A12 M-mount was stunning. If, I need a lens like the CV 15, i'll put it on the 5N or the M9. Truthfully, I rarely need the CV15...And, I heartily agree with your last sentence.
    :-)

I just found (and bought) another Skopar ... the 28mm f/3.5 in LTM. They're discontinued and I've been looking for one for a bit. This one looked brand new, in the box, so I sprang for it. Should be a perfect match to the GXR. I love the Skopars' imaging, I have four of them now (21, 28, 35, 50).

Different goals and tolerances. I do think the NEX 7 body is terrific, really wish it worked better with my lenses. But it is obvious it doesn't so that's the end of that.

The M9 I buy next year, if/when I buy it, will be the last new camera for a while.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

:-)

I just found (and bought) another Skopar ... the 28mm f/3.5 in LTM. They're discontinued and I've been looking for one for a bit. This one looked brand new, in the box, so I sprang for it. Should be a perfect match to the GXR. I love the Skopars' imaging, I have four of them now (21, 28, 35, 50).
    I had that lens essentially brand new up for sale here for ages. Finally sold it about 2 months ago.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I had that lens essentially brand new up for sale here for ages. Finally sold it about 2 months ago.
    Never saw your post advertising it. Just looked for it and found you had a silver one ... I guess I was always looking for black finish so my search missed yours.

I've been looking for a black one, off and on, since last summer.

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Occasionally it seems like we are tilting at windmills looking for one solution to a problem that today in reality does not exist. For years it was not as good as film...now it is not as good as ....fill in the blank_____....with this lens that lens this iso that iso. You know the routine.

I have a bunch of the recent cameras...have had a bunch more of the older cameras and really find that in certain areas each of them is stellar in its own way. I am overwhelmed that we now can use M lenses in a multi-varied environment of cameras.

So that...High Iso or wide....NEX-5N.

Big print with decent Iso...NEX-7.

Great travel camera with wonderful color and imaging...so analog like it makes me laugh...GXR-M module---> maybe improved with the new 16MP version...maybe not.
    Talk about gorgeous BW conversions with this camera...close to the Sigma DPs with enough pixels to make a decent size print.

At these prices I will not give up any of these...mix it up on the weekend with different views and bodies. Any of these with peaking beats the M8, M8.5, M9 with my eyes. On a good day I can focus anything...lose some sleep work too long and it is zone focus and pick the winners.

The big question to me is not ... color shift or smearing...it is developing a consistent interface with the programmable buttons so it comes close to the usability of my Leica S2-P. Raw...iso, exposure compensation and bracketing and I am good...well adequate but that is a whole other story.

Perspective, framing, timing, context and story will trump all of the above...need to keep looking for sources to develop that voice that I know when I hear it...how to evoke and share it....

My desire for the NEX-7 was really for the inclusive EVF and...believe it or no...the hot shoe. What were they thinking with the trash flash on the NEX-5N. No way to trigger a decent series of lights except line of sight optical. It is really too good of a camera to be relegated to that...I'm thinking an off camera soft box or umbrella for location portraits as I cannot always find a North Light Window...especially in the third world hospitals I seem to frequent.

If I can get A850/A900 colors out of these cameras I will be pleased.

Sorry for the digression... long week with little time to unwind and no break until next weekend. Finding the 7 on BH Photo was the highpoint.

Bob

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    My desire for the NEX-7 was really for the inclusive EVF and...believe it or no...the hot shoe. What were they thinking with the trash flash on the NEX-5N. No way to trigger a decent series of lights except line of sight optical.

Bob

Well said!

I also do not understand the concept of EVF or flash. The GXR also appears to be stricken by this grave handicap, however good it might be with the offset lenses and all that.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post

Well said!

I also do not understand the concept of EVF or flash. The GXR also appears to be stricken by this grave handicap, however good it might be with the offset lenses and all that.
    GXR solution:
    - pop up flash with IR filter on it, set to manual output 1/16 power
    - External flashes with slave triggers.

Works fine w EVF.

--- addendum ---
    The way I work with flash in a group setting is to take off the EVF, put either A12 28 or A12-M with 21 Skopar on the camera, fit a remote RF trigger, put flash on a stand and aim it to illuminate the room via bounce, and shoot away at f/8. Makes things very simple. :-)
    Last edited by Godfrey; 23rd December 2011 at 22:06.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

A mixed set of shots from today.

Nex 7; Leica 24mm F/1.4; 1/1250s; ISO 100

Nex 7; Leica 50mm F/1.4; 1/50s; -1 EV; ISO 1600

Nex 7; Leica 50mm F/1.4; 1/2500s; ISO 100

Nex 7; Leica 24mm F/1.4; 1/60s; +2/3 EV; ISO 500

Happy Holidays, Matt

Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post

Well said!

Bob: Ditto! +1! I never use flash, so, I can't comment on that.

Happy Holidays, Matt

Post Thanks / Like

m driscoll: that photo of the wires is absolutely stunning! and that is an understatement, i might add. well done!
    My photoblog: http://josefskye.tumblr.com
    Friend me on Facebook: Josef Skye Tornick

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the question of which ZM is symmetrical (i.e. very probably problem-prone) on NEX and which is not, Dr Nasse's paper on the Zeiss blog on wide angle design answers that. The Biogon's are symmetrical, the Distagons are not. Which explains why ZM 18 works fine on my 5N, whereas the ZM 25 I tried did not, let alone a ZM 21. This does not mean that ZM 18, for example, is a "pure" Distagon (meaning a true retrofocus design), because it is not, but, according to Zeiss, "enough that it should be called Distagon and not Biogon". The article also mentions that CV wides are symmetrical, but does not mention Leica, which suggests that they are not. My trials with Leica show that they are less problematic than symmetricals with my NEX 5, and trouble free, at least down to the 24 Elmar, on my 5N. I now pray that my ZM 18 and Elmar 24 are also trouble free on the more challenging NEX 7. And BTW, I checked with the most problematic lens of all IMHO, the otherwise phenomenal Contax G 21mm: when you get colour shift on a NEX, you also get massive smearing. Cure the shift in Cornerfix, and you can see the smeaaaaring. OOOps, did I just smear that word?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, and I bought it and love it on the GXR, Terry ...thanks for that. I am glad I saw this rare jem and got it again for my kit. I had it 2-3 years back, before the upgrade cycle, and realize now that I could well have stayed put....actually considering putting my 28 'cron on the block, but that's a fantastic lens in its own right....
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MoJo View Post
    m driscoll: that photo of the wires is absolutely stunning! and that is an understatement, i might add. well done!
    Mojo: Thank you, sir!

Happy Holidays, Matt

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This was an experiment in low-light manual focus. A bit challenging.
    NEX-7 + Zuiko OM 50mm f/1.4 + Fotodiox adapter.

IMG_20111224_0071 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Walking through Amazon Land and dinner at Cuoco. Last photo taken by Ashwin.

Nex 7; Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8; 1/40s @ f/2.5; +2-1/3 EV; ISO 1600

Nex 7; Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8; 1/130s @ f/2.5; +2-1/3 EV; ISO 1600

Nex 7; Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8; 1/60s @ f/2.5; +2-1/3 EV; ISO 1250

Nex 7; Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8; 1/13s @ f/1.8; +2/3 EV; ISO 800

Happy Holidays, Matt

Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

This was an experiment in low-light manual focus. A bit challenging.
    NEX-7 + Zuiko OM 50mm f/1.4 + Fotodiox adapter.

IMG_20111224_0071 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr
    Carlos: That's pretty cool! Makes your Christmas tree look like outer space or luminous undersea creatures. What focus peaking color were you using?

Happy Holidays, Matt