The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony camera flash adapters

V

Vivek

Due to its quirky and odd flash mount*, I have to look for an adapter to use the Nikon flashes (in manual mode) I have and also to have a single point trigger contact.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

* I did buy a cheap one > a year ago to use with an A390. It is a large one with lock/release button. It is OK on the A390 but is just humongous on the NEX-7.

hot

I use this little thing for some bucks with NEX5 and 3 different flash lights and I think it also will work with NEX7 (hehe, getting this year ..). Tried distance = 7m and from behind - WORKS!

hot

Description of the SYK-5 flash trigger. You can use it in "normal mode" or with adjustable ignoring of pre-flashes.

The little SONY kit flash is either used "direct" or "without" visible flash -
an infrared clamp catches all visible light and lets through only IR.
This IR light is enough .. even over 5, 6, 7 meters to fire the trigger.

etrigan63

Thanks Hot! i just ordered one to use with my Radiopopper. I will report on how well it works with my NEX-7.

hot

I use for red-eyes-lightning around the center position 12 o'clock, no, rather 11 o'clock of the potentiometer ... two or
three attempts and it's okay.

Begin with right side of potentiometer, then turn the potentiometer
slightly to the left until you get the right moment for main flash (I think this is flash 5).

Ditto for cameras with flashes for measurement.

The process in the small cube is simple: the potentiometer sets a delay after which the sensor reacts to a flash.

The strength of the Sony-flash is not critical - because the sensor reacts even to infrared lightning - 15 feet away.
From METZ you can order IR clamp for ca. € 7.50 (spare part)

With my lightning flashes, I can adjust intensity in 1-7 steps

http://www.metz.de/en/flash-units/p...litz-15-ms-1-digital/product-information.html