The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony a77 and AF micro adjust

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I've just acquired an a77 (to accompany my a900) and was about to get out my Lens Align kit to do micro adjustment of my lenses when it occurred to me that Lens Align is probably not needed.

Unless I'm all screwed up (quite possible, I assure you) then all I need to do is focus using autofocus then switch to manual with "Low" focus peaking, being careful not to change focus. If focus peaking confirms I'm right on, then I presume no further adjustment is necessary. If it isn't then I can dial in some micro-adjust until autofocus exactly agrees with the manual focus peaking.

Is my logic correct?

Bill

my_photography

Yes, this will be the same way I will be doing to check for lens accuracy if I have an A77. After that you can also check the image in the monitor if you want. But I don't really think it is necessary.