The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SonyStyle NEX 7 Order Update

hodad66

Well, there is one gentleman who received a malfunctioning "7" &
now he's waiting as if at the back of the line. More than likely I
will simply keep the body but B&H will move the product no matter
what I do. :D Wait, should I feel sorry for B&H because of their
return policy? After all the money that I have spent over the
years with them? Not hardly! :ROTFL:

losta

Kits have shipped in Canada, Europe and B&H shipped it's first batch last week. At this point it is not a Thailand Flood issue, it's a Sony issue.
I know that is not what Sony wanted but they have totally screwed this up. As I said last Monday I (as well as many others with early orders) were sent an email saying it would ship on 3/2 (Friday) Friday came and went, no new email, no shipping update, nothing. That is poor customer service.

As far as I know kits haven't shipped at all (except a few before the floods). The only thing I've seen shipped is bodies. Obviously Sony is having more trouble getting the lens production ramped back up. The 50mm lens was also months late and it just started shipping over the past week. Do you honestly think this is the way Sony wanted the launch to go? The people in Thailand and their well being seem to be more important than a shipping date for cameras.

Terry

Kits have shipped in Canada, Europe and B&H shipped it's first batch last week.
I know that is not what Sony wanted but they have totally screwed this up. As I said last Monday I (as well as many others with early orders) were sent an email saying it would ship on 3/2 (Friday) friday came and went, no new email, no shipping update, nothing. That is poor customer service.
When you log on to SonyStyle what does the status show? What does your credit card show?

I didn't see that any kits shipped must have missed that.

losta

My Sony order says it will ship 8/28/11 I have called Sony Customer Support several times and they say it should be released for shipment as soon as they start shipping.

On the DP Review NEX forum many people received kits last week from B&H and Amazon is shipping some this week (their CCs have been charged).

When you log on to SonyStyle what does the status show? What does your credit card show?

I didn't see that any kits shipped must have missed that.

roweraay

I'm sure B&H would be thrilled to read this.
Agree. He gets to use the body for free, until the kit arrives and then he would swap the body-only with the kit version ! If he wants the kit version, then he should just return the body right away, than continue to keep and use it.

Tactics like this will lead to changes in policies of people like B&H, who will start charging a re-stocking fee for such "returns".

Terry

Agree. He gets to use the body for free, until the kit arrives and then he would swap the body-only with the kit version ! If he wants the kit version, then he should just return the body right away, than continue to keep and use it.

Tactics like this will lead to changes in policies of people like B&H, who will start charging a re-stocking fee for such "returns".
Well B&H already has some policy guidelines on camera returns

"Items with timers must show less than 120 minutes of use. Items with shutter counters must show less than 200 exposures."

hodad66

this was not a "tactic" but simply a response to what came available. Basically, if the kit ships
before I receive the body, it will go back unused. If the "7" doesn't perform up to my expectations
then it will go back anyway. I am looking for a quality increase over my older m4/3 on my telephoto.
I will be giving up "reach" for pixels and chip size. If the "7" doesn't provide the expected boost on
quality/detail then I will punt, return & wait for the OMD.

sorry to upset your frail sensibilities. :D

hodad66

Just got a call from Berger Brothers in NY that they have received
a "handful" of NEX 7 bodies...... if anyone is interested!

N

nocavat

my kit is listed as ready to ship tomorrow, credit card not charged yet, on sony style...

gurtch

Just got a call from Berger Brothers in NY that they have received
a "handful" of NEX 7 bodies...... if anyone is interested!
Hodad66: THANKS for the head's up. I immediately contacted them via email, within minutes they called, and I ordered it. They sent it same day (yesterday), and it arrives today. Great folks to deal with,
Dave in NJ

hodad66

glad that I could help! They missed making my order by about three days
because B&H had already shipped..... mine arrives tomorrow!! :D

hodad66

yea, I purchased an extra battery and charger a few weeks ago so
the initial charge has been done. I'll plug it in again just to see if it
wants to be topped off......

N

nocavat

just got email notice from sony that my nex 7 kit was shipping and should be delivered 3/9!

hodad66

Outstanding! Received my body today & cancelled my kit order.......
Canon FD 500mm.....

Vivatar 28/2.8 close focus (Canon FD)

peaking is a dream with the legacy glass.....

N

nocavat

fedex shows my nex 7 kit from sony style to be delivered tomorrow!!