The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens experience with Sony Nex-5 and Nex-7

jlm

Workshop Member
i ordered the 7 and will be experimenting with the wide M mount lenses I have, including
Wate, 15 and 12 C/V, 28 cron I expect a bit of color cast with some of them, but using a tech camera and MFDB, this is nothing new. Has anyone tried using an LCC in capture one to balance the colorcast? if this works, is is pretty simple to make some standard LCC's and apply them

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
i ordered the 7 and will be experimenting with the wide M mount lenses I have, including
Wate, 15 and 12 C/V, 28 cron I expect a bit of color cast with some of them, but using a tech camera and MFDB, this is nothing new. Has anyone tried using an LCC in capture one to balance the colorcast? if this works, is is pretty simple to make some standard LCC's and apply them

I haven't done critical testing but the WATE looks pretty promising in walk around use.

scho

I tried the CV15 on the NEX7 today and as expected there is significant magenta vignetting. However, no significant corner or edge smearing. Easy fix with CornerFix, but still a PITA to do the DNG and CornerFix processing.

Before CornerFix

After CornerFix

PenSon

One very nice Minolta lens the 200mm that have a fast autofocus on the Nex-7 with the Sony adapter.

Trygve

jlm

Workshop Member
thanks, but i can't seem to zero in on it going to Novoflex and Fotodiox sites.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

You can make your own if you have the lens mount part of the pen F extensions rings and a NEX to 50mm (female thread) adapter. Mine is made this way.

If you want an out of the box adapter that would work, check eBay. <$50/adapter shipped.

ypamine

For those interested, I quickly tested the Nex 7 with the Summilux 1.4/21, and it seems that there is no clearly visible magenta color cast. Vignetting is quite strong, as expected with this lens, but if there is a color cast, it is very subtle and would not require any correction, as opposed to 2.8/21 ASPH, ZM 2.8/25 or 2/28 ASPH.

Here is a picture of a blue sky taken at 1.4:
View attachment 56335

Taylor Sherman

ypamine - could you take a photo of a white wall or cloudy sky? To my eye, the corners of that shot might have a little bit of shift going on.

I've done some shooting with the CV 35/1.2 and the Nex-7, and so far no corner shift visible. There may be an overall pinkish cast when shooting wide open, but that's easily correctable.

ypamine

Here is picture of a white wall taken with Nex 7 and Summilux 1.4/21 wide open (shot as raw, only converted to jpeg in LR4):

View attachment 56398

There is a hint of color cast in the corners, but it is very low for a 21 mm.