The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Street !

good initiative, Vivek

I so much prefer thematic image threads over the general Today's Pictures threads

V

Vivek

Re: Street !

good initiative, Vivek

I so much prefer thematic image threads over the general Today's Pictures threads
Hmm.. I am afraid I posted some today's pictures. :D

Thanks, Steen. :)

Matt:

Thanks for the info and your kind words. Even at night the harsh lighting continues in India, doesn't it? :)

Taylor: Welcome to the forum and what a great start!

pegelli

Taylor, Matt and Vivek :thumbup:
Nice shooting and we have to keep this thread going.

I did some more dumpster diving on my hard drive and see what I found from places where I visited on several business trips in the past:

Shanghai:

English queue

Reading the news

Hong Kong:

Yoga

I just loved her red boots

Singapore:

Chinese New Year festivities

Street artist

Serious affairs

A700 or KM5D + Tamron 17-50

pegelli

Thanks Rafa, yours has your very recognisable PP again, fits the scene very well. Care to tell us how you do that?

Something quite opposite to rawfa's vibrance, a street shot from foggy Rotterdam

A700 + Min 28-70G

m_driscoll

A few more from London.

Nex 7; 24mm f/1.8; 1/320s @ f/1.8; ISO 1600

Nex 7; 24mm f/1.8; 1/100s @ f/3.5; ISO 8000

Nex 7; 24mm f/1.8; 1/320s @ f/1.8; +1/3 EV; ISO 1600

Nex 7; 24mm f/1.8; 1/60s @ f/1.8; +1/3 EV; ISO 1600

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Knorp

Well, no streets around here, so I know nothing . . but I'd say that this is the winner so far! Composition, point of focus, story . . . and it's the only one with pants
:OT:
Surely there must be something amiss here or is it a typical case of British humor :eek:, Jono ?
Admittedly, plenty of pants to be found here, but hey it's still winter after all :lecture:

Completely agree with you in respect to the first part: excellent shot indeed.

Or am I talking like ... :chug:

All the very best.

Last edited:
Matt: Particularly like the last one you posted, nice composition and the biker leads the line of vision perfectly. Nice mood too. :thumbup:

Hosermage: Like Jono for me the one with the gray-haired guy waiting in front of "Victoria's Secret"(?) (nice juxtaposition that too) is a favorite of yours. Since I'm no native English speaker I mustn't get the gag with the pants, I suppose. :cool:

Last edited:

jonoslack

:OT:
Surely there must be something amiss here or is it a typical case of British humor :eek:, Jono ?
Admittedly, plenty of pants to be found here, but hey it's still winter after all :lecture:

Completely agree with you in respect to the first part: excellent shot indeed.

Or am I talking like ... :chug:

All the very best.
Jono for me the one with the gray-haired guy waiting in front of "Victoria's Secret"(?) (nice juxtaposition that too) is the favorite of yours. Since I'm no native English speaker I mustn't get the gag with the pants, I suppose. :cool:
Pants - over here means knickers . . . Victoria's secret (unless I'm much mistaken) is an underwear store . . . . things are never quite so good when you explain them are they!

Pants - over here means knickers . . . Victoria's secret (unless I'm much mistaken) is an underwear store . . . . things are never quite so good when you explain them are they!
Jono: Ah, "Victoria's Secret" is the key. Realized, that it's a nice juxtaposition, just subconscious, but didn't know, what they sell. So thanks for the enlightenment! :D