The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images)

Hosermage

Hi Jono, thanks for liking it :) As I suspected, you meant it's the only photo WITHOUT pants! (translated to American English) :deadhorse:

Pants - over here means knickers . . . Victoria's secret (unless I'm much mistaken) is an underwear store . . . . things are never quite so good when you explain them are they!

Hermann: Too much Beer, I suppose?:D That isn't my image.

NEX-7, Sony E-Sonnar 24/1.8
Vivek and Hosermage: Sorry for the mix-up, though beer is not my cup of tea. :D

But this one I really like, nice composition with the "excentric" couple and apt PP/B&W conversion as well.:thumbup:

V

Vivek

Make amends by posting some of your own, Hermann! :)

Matt and Hermann: Thanks a bunch!

Matt, I like the recent London shots. To be honest, I like your M9 ones (posted over on the Leica thread) far better. From my own experience, it seems like a handling (tiny camera with very little to hold onto) issue?

m_driscoll

Make amends by posting some of your own, Hermann! :)
Matt and Hermann: Thanks a bunch!
Matt, I like the recent London shots. To be honest, I like your M9 ones (posted over on the Leica thread) far better. From my own experience, it seems like a handling (tiny camera with very little to hold onto) issue?
Vivek: Thanks! :salute: That's a good point. I just like the Nex 7. I should have shot it with some Leica glass (like Ash) on my trip. The heavier lens does make it feel more stable.

Here's two actual 'streets':

Nex 7; 24mm f/1.8; 1/250s @ f/1.8; +1/3 EV; ISO 1600

Nex 7; 18-200mm f/3.5-; 27mm; 1/20s @ f/f8; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

pegelli

I spent a little time in Tilburg yesterday, but not too much time for street
Here's one that came out OK (from the hip)

A850 + 28-70G @ 35 mm

Matt, Vivek, pegelli: You're once again exemplifying that the NEXes take to street photography like a duck to water ... :thumbup:

Two from the Munich streets (and passages) in order to deliver on the promise to Vivek :D (also trying to warm towards LR 4):

"Over There, No?"

NEX-5N, 16-55/3.5-5.6 @ 22mm, f/8.0 & ISO 2000

"Urban Stages"

NEX-5N, 16-55/3.5-5.6 @ 22mm, f/8.0 & ISO 1600

Hope you like it and thank you for your interest.

douglasf13

Matt, Vivek, pegelli: You're once again exemplifying that the NEXes take to street photography like a duck to water ... :thumbup:

Two from the Munich streets (and passages) in order to deliver on the promise to Vivek :D (also trying to warm towards LR 4):

"Over There, No?"

NEX-5N, 16-55/3.5-5.6 @ 22mm, f/8.0 & ISO 2000

This one speaks to me. Nice picture. In my opinion, the title takes away from it a little bit, but that's just a personal preference. Good job!

This one speaks to me. Nice picture. In my opinion, the title takes away from it a little bit, but that's just a personal preference. Good job!
Douglas: Thanks a lot for the kind feedback, truly very much appreciated! Could you elaborte a bit on your qualms regarding the title, please. Since I'm no native (English/AE) speaker, maybe I missed my own intention. :) The picture should illustrate the unhospitality of certain urban enviroments in some (photographic) way.

PS: Tried to contact you per PM, but you exceeded your private message quota. Thus my request here. :)

douglasf13

Douglas: Thanks a lot for the kind feedback, truly very much appreciated! Could you elaborte a bit on your qualms regarding the title, please. Since I'm no native (English/AE) speaker, maybe I missed my own intention. :) The picture should illustrate the unhospitality of certain urban enviroments in some (photographic) way.

PS: Tried to contact you per PM, but you exceeded your private message quota. Thus my request here. :)
Sorry about that. PM sent.

V

Vivek

Matt, They wouldn't allow the camera inside? :confused:

That Papaya vendor shot is fantastic!:thumbs: