The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images)

pegelli

We're not the only photographers out on the streets :toocool:

Nex 5 + you can guess the lens ;)

pegelli

Matt, Vivek, pegelli: You're once again exemplifying that the NEXes take to street photography like a duck to water ... :thumbup:
Interesting you say that, most of my shots in this thread are KM 5D, A700 and A850. Only the last two posted this morning are Nex. I think "street" is in your eyes, not in the tools, allthough I agree the Nex works well for it.

Btw, like your tunnel shot a lot, great perspective combined with a decisive moment.

Interesting you say that, most of my shots in this thread are KM 5D, A700 and A850. Only the last two posted this morning are Nex. I think "street" is in your eyes, not in the tools, allthough I agree the Nex works well for it.

Btw, like your tunnel shot a lot, great perspective combined with a decisive moment.
pegelli: Yes, really interesting. My "first" camera is a Nikon D 700 (so you won't find pictures from that camera here) and I use it for "street" as well. But for me the primary reason for purchasing the NEX was indeed its capability for that genre. That might enlighten the false conclusion :). But of course you're right: You will achieve great results in street photography with any camera and any lens, assumed you have the eye for the scene and for the moment that makes the difference (keyword: distinctive slice of everyday life).

Funny thing too: A very similar picture to the passage-capture you mention, same place, other cast and almost two years ago, I took with the D 700 and the 24mm/1.4G lens (shared btw in the Nikon picture thread over there some time ago). And thanks for the compliment of course, truly much appreciated. :)

So, take care, keep up your street photography and keep up sharing the results with us! :thumbup:

pegelli

A few more with the Nex 5 (indeed a good street camera Hermann, just flip up the screen and use the same way as an old TLR), works well for me:

Photographers on every street corner, are't they a real pest :banghead:

Sol by day, lots of people

Sol by night, still lots of people

Plenty to sell on Sunday morning

m_driscoll

Matt: Particularly like the second one (nice composition and perspective here), the papaya vendor/customer capture from the set further up and most of all, that you're back. :salute:
Hermann: Thanks! :D Went to India and I've been pretty much tied up at work, since we got back. Glad to be back. I'm enjoying seeing and posting photos again. :)

Pegelli: Really like the last one with the older gentlemen! :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

pegelli

Pegelli: Really like the last one with the older gentlemen! :salute:
Thanks Matt, I liked that one a lot also.

Here's another one from the same trip, but with my heavy gun (A850 + Minolta 80-200/2.8 G)

Young couple taking their self portrait

pegelli: Nice captures from Madrid again (I really like spain :)), particularly the B&W night scene, the gentleman customer and the doubled young couple. :thumbup:

V

Vivek

Paul, Thanks. Never had any such problems so far with normal people. Once (3 years ago) during this shot, I was stopped by a young woman (not in the picture) who was curious about why I make photos. She was fine with my explanation.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Most of the Hague residents are amicable to me taking pictures.

V

Vivek

Looks like (the 250 mirror lens) a perfect tool to capture these images, Michiel. The distance also helps to stay a bit far away from those fumes. ;)

Here is a smoke break (the "regular variety") from the Hague.

NEX-7, Sigma 30mm f/2.8 DN

And after the school near KB (Koninklijke Bibliotheek).

NEX-7, Sigma 30mm f/2.8 DN

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Michiel, Another familiar area. :) Do you go near the market area as well?

Cyclists are everywhere. :)

NEX-7, Sigma 30/2.8 DN