The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images)

m_driscoll

Commercial St., Bangalore, India.

Nex 7; Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8; 1/160s @ f/8; ISO 100

Nex 7; Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8; 1/250s @ f/8; ISO 100

Nex 7; Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8; 1/640s @ f/8; ISO 200

Nex 7; Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8; 1/60s @ f/11; ISO 100

Nex 7; Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8; 1/320s @ f/11; ISO 100

Only 40% the back of people's heads

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

m_driscoll

Taylor: Great images at the Ballard locks. :thumbup:
Jono: More of a bench and a road shot. :D Nice capture of the little boy and his mom. :salute:
Vivek: The woman carrying the canvas, the bicyclist 'waving', and the man in the hooded coat are my favorites from your last posts. :thumbs:
Pegelli: Three girls on the steps and the 'horn'...nice! They all were, actually. :thumbs:
FlyPenFly/ecsh/Heavy Duty: Thanks for sharing :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

V

Vivek

Only 40% the back of people's heads

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
Matt, Lovely!

Elsewhere, I saw a discussion about words accompanying a photo to put it in context. Here, IMHO, that could play a part. The photos display a variety of aspects. The Hindu temple (there is a sign for palm readings) in the midst of a busy street, with "Rainbow" advertising and a very obvious Muslim walking with his small child- really neat! :thumbs:

(FWIW, I do not keep count of all the backsides I snap.)

m_driscoll

Matt, Lovely!

Elsewhere, I saw a discussion about words accompanying a photo to put it in context. Here, IMHO, that could play a part. The photos display a variety of aspects. The Hindu temple (there is a sign for palm readings) in the midst of a busy street, with "Rainbow" advertising and a very obvious Muslim walking with his small child- really neat! :thumbs:

(FWIW, I do not keep count of all the backsides I snap.)
Vivek: Thank you, sir! :D I agree, captions can sometimes 'complete" the picture, providing some insight and explanation re: the photographer's intent. I, frankly, suck at captioning. :(

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

V

Vivek

Vivek: You captured an interesting dynamic and moment here. Walking in step; conversation creating interesting facial expressions. :thumbup: Shooting from the hip with the LCD tilted up?

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
Thank you, Matt! :)

When I was using RFs, I have understood how "shooting from the hip" is an apt description. It literally was. As you very well know, with the tilted LCD, it is similar to shooting with a TLR. One can can compose and focus before tripping the trigger.

FWIW, for shots like this, it takes two deliberate brisk steps (long legs) towards the subjects, a brief pause and then the snap. The lens was in MF mode and prefocused to the preferred distance.

Oh, you may think that you "suck" at captions, you are doing a splendid job cheering on, encouraging and appreciating the contributions here.:) Thank you! :salute: